Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever dropped their steering column before.on my trooper the steering shaft is much longer and no binding with 3 inch body lift and the steering shaft extender installed.even if i could make the steering extender work on my 95 pup it would do nothing for the bind.my only solution is to lower my steering shaft at the firewall and the steering column where it mounts under the dash. every thing else is going well on the 3 inch body lift on my 95 4x4 pup 8) recon

·
Registered
987 Posts
That's what o did, dropped it an inch and now smooth as butter:)
I had a thread about it ....

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DAMUDKING said:
That's what o did, dropped it an inch and now smooth as butter:)
I had a thread about it ....
:D cool can you find the thread or explain how you did it thanks 8) recon

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Could the steering box be removed from the frame & pivoted upward (reducing the knuckle angle) & then drill new holes or fab a new mount? I'm thinking for those that like the leg room they already have & don't want to hug the steering wheel any more then stock settings.

~psguardian

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
987 Posts
i didnt do anything, theres plenty of up and down movement to set it as is..tilt steering still works( ithink lol)..i only have about a 1000 miles on it but havnt had a single issue..25+ mile trip on on winding mountain roads, and 6+ hard off road trips and my ltb's have more pull/traction than what your running..

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
psguardian said:
Could the steering box be removed from the frame & pivoted upward (reducing the knuckle angle) & then drill new holes or fab a new mount? I'm thinking for those that like the leg room they already have & don't want to hug the steering wheel any more then stock settings.

~psguardian
messing with steering box dont look like a good ideal 8) recon

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dropped my steering column and slid my steering column back and installed my steering extension and easily reangled the bottom of the steering flange at the firewall under the dash.next drill two new bolt holes,it was easier than i thought it would be. i also re located my radiator
today as well,i had to work today ,so did this after work.body lift can be a little bit challenging but they are rewarding in many ways.on my suspension lift i have decided to keep it at 2 inches 8) recon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.