Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
92 Isuzo PU. Driver door won't open. Window goes down only half way. I can hear a "clunk" when it reaches the half way point. Can't take the pannel off because I can't open the door. It seems like the outside door handle no longer works. I have verifed that the inside one is attached to the relay bar, but it won't trip the latch. The push button lock is down and won't release. Any ideas?

·
Registered
83 Posts
sounds to me like you are going to have to sacrifice the door panel :shock: Have you tried a bit of wire down behind the window?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello

Once time ago I forget my keys inside the cabin of my PU. And I learned a little trick of Chilean thiefs:

You must introduce in front of the lock knob, between the glass and the rubber window seal, a flat thin leave of steel (a large knife, a steel rule, or something like that, not necesary steel made too!) and push downwards till the lock knob it opened.

I don`t know if this works with electric door lock system, maybe not.
If doesn`t work, I think you have to sacrifice your door trim as AussieIsuzu said.

cheers !!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried everyting. I finally took it to a lock smith who spent an hour with it. I need a new outside door handle. Apparently there is this loop in the handle design that holds the rod that works the latch. The loop broke through, fatigue I guess. The rod fell on an angle and prevented the inside handle from realeasing. It took him a long time to figure it out and it cost me $60.00. Thanks for your support .

·
Registered
6 Posts
i had that problem happen to me but on my passenger door i worked at a body shop and we managed to get the door panel off with the door closed it didnt ruin it either i had to drive around for a week with my door help shut with speaker wire while i waited for the part to come in i had to replace the hole latch assebly but it was really easy to do mine was a 94 isuzu pup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.