Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a guess why on my 2000 amigo the chime beeps any time the drivers doors is open, even with the key out of the ignition and lights off? I think this could be the reason I cant program my key fob. I was told when I bought it the ignition was replace I hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The ignition switch has a little switch in it to detect the presence of the key. It is stuck and thinks the key is in all the time. You'll probably need to remove the lock cylinder and find out why it's stuck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CatFuzz, I wasn't able to fix the problem with the ignition completely but just disconnecting the switch from the lock cylinder work almost as good. Now if the lights are left on and the door is opened I get a steady beep and I can open the door now with the lights off and theres no beep. The only thing that doesn't work is if the key is left in the ignition and I open the door it doesn't beep, which is fine with me, I don't seem to lock my keys in the car but more so leave the lights on. It was the reason I wasn't able to program my remote Too and now it works!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts