Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like how they did the t-bar setup. No Dropdown brackets like on the GM.

Cheers,
Con

·
Registered
79 Posts
wow. that's a unique approach to IFS lift.

so it's basically parallel control arms? what is used to space them? it looks like extra balljoints connected by a shaft/spacer.

hmmm, given the bright yellow finish maybe DOR has branched out beyond our shores - or maybe not. :wink:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Interesting, but this is the money shot right here:

The angle on the CV is still extreme - so a lift is a lift is a lift, but unless the diff itself is dropped, to minimize the stress on the joints - the problem remains unresolved - at least in this case.

The spindle itself is new - and where the lift is coming from in addition to the t-bar crank I'm sure. The uniqueness here is the increase in 'travel' caused by the link setup.

Innovative to to say the least - they've made the a-arms mimic a 4-link setup - now if they would integrate the drop diff brackets shown in the thread over at the 'Wire that Mr. Bighorn published - they'd have a winner.
:drool:

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does have diff drop brackets, however on full droop the cv angle is the same. This lift moves the whole setup down. Lower A-arm, axle, and spindles. You'll notice that it isn't a new spindle, but rather an extension that bolts onto it to relocate the ball joint and tie rod.

-Tad

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hyunduzu said:
wow. that's a unique approach to IFS lift.

so it's basically parallel control arms? what is used to space them? it looks like extra balljoints connected by a shaft/spacer.

hmmm, given the bright yellow finish maybe DOR has branched out beyond our shores - or maybe not. :wink:
Not necessarily parallel arms -- What they've done is installed a ball joint on the front of the arm for rotation and they've 'disconnected' the arms at the rear and installed addtional bars attached further back - a link setup, but with additional footing for stability. very kewl 8)

I'd love to see a video of this setup flexing - I bet it's sick to watch 8)

Cheers,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Frankly if there's a thai-to-English convertor/ program,

we can then really appreciate how our thai counterparts are messing with their Isuzu Rigs!! :D

sadly to say, they do have alot of websites| (but in thai language)....

for rerference, this is what i ve got from bangkok when i was there on holidays.... *Enjoy*!

s.6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.