Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this vehicle used, and noticed that there is no backlight at night for my clock. In addition, the switch for the REAR windshield wiper has no lighting either. Is something wrong, or is this the way the Rodeos are.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I believe this is the way they are. I don't think mine has a backlight on the clock, but I have an aftermarket cd player and it has a clock.

I'll need to look at the rear wiper switch. But I do think you are correct, it's not a lit switch.

Joe

·
Registered
166 Posts
For the first time in my history of owning an Isuzu, I have to disagree with Joe. :D The rear wiper switch on my 2000 is lit, and up until this morning my dig. clock was backlit with the headlights on. I was going to post up tonight asking the best way to remove the clock without buggering up the dash. So anyway, the answer to your questions are both "Yes."- at least in the model year 2000.

RB

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yep, they both should be back-lit on your 2002. You can either replace the whole clock and switch, or cut & solder in a new bulb (from radio shack or the likes) To save a few buck isuzu used some pretty cheezy incandescant lamps for the dash. The dash gets jostled hard given the shorter wheel base, so the lamps burn out easily.
G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks a lot guys. It is a 2002 with 42k miles, so there is still some warranty left. Ill take it in next week. Neither the clock nor the rear wiper switch has ever lit. (purchased used last year)

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I admit when I'm wrong. I need to go look at the wifes 98. I would've sworn that it wasn't backlit. :roll:

Well it's not the first time, I've been wrong before. And I'm pretty sure I'll be wrong again.

Evidently I'm not getting enough seat time in the newer Zu.

Joe

·
Registered
166 Posts
Don't feel bad Joe, it took me about a week or two to actually take notice. I had a hunch before when I couldn't see the clock at night, and then a week of thinking, "Was this lit up before?" before I figured it burned out. And I drive it every day. :?

According to the service manual, you have to remove a good portion of the dash to even get the clock out, and it doesn't even mention if the bulb is replaceable. Looks like I'm going to have to start wearing a backlit watch at night. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.