Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're on PHPBB3 now, which brings a few new features.

1) Image attachments in posts
2) Ability to add modules in the future such as a mobile one
3) Much easier capability to ban users
4) Ability for users to report posts (see above for result)

Let me know as you find bugs, I'm sure there will be some.

BTW the search index is being created. It should be done shortly. Until then the search feature won't work.

-Tad

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Wow. Nice work. Here goes my learning curve once more. While the site was down for a while, I hope that was the cause of me having to log back in. Now the avatars look so tiny; does this allow for larger avatars or are we still somewhat limited to the previous size?

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
The one thing I notice missing is that it appears that per any given category, we no longer have the "mark forums as read". It's limited to the whole thing? True? I enjoyed being able to use that as a quick look as I scanned categories from top to bottom. Gimme it back or surely I shall pout and show my butt. :bootyshake:

Never mind. I found it. Sweet. The mark forums read is larger and colored red and in another location than the subs. We do need that emoticon with "the finger". Or, can they be imported from another source? If so, what's the procedure? I really like "the finger"; kind of has onomatopoeia.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Oooooooo...Shiney.....

Looks good. (But I was starting to have withdrawls, and the guys on the Bimmer and Jag sites, just are of the same caliber as the regulars here).

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Like Bob and Shooter said, It's going to take some getting used to.

But I already like it a lot.

I like AudioRedneck's comment: "Ooooh Shiney !" :lol: :lol: :lol:

One really big bonus for those of us who are getting older, is the option at the top right, to increase or decrease the font size.

For a while, I have had to increase the overall size of the entire page, to get font sizes that were comfortable for me to read.

Now, I can, (and have), leave the page the size it is supposed to be. No more huge pictures. No more having to loose the avatar frame, just to be able to see the full post frame.

I can just make the fonts bigger if I need to, in the future.

Of course, I didn't have to increase the font size. It all looks really good, just as it is.

It also looks like the current forum software, keeps the post frame size, no matter how big of a pic that is put in the post. So, if you post a huge pic, the right side of the pic is out of the frame, and not seen. Give me a while, and I'll figure out what the optimal pic size is, to keep it within the post frame.

Shooter: The new forum software seems to have a solid grasp, and fix, on element sizes.

Those who have an avatar that is a link to an off-site pic, the avatars seem to have stayed the same size.

Those who have an on-board avatar pic, seem to be the ones that are smaller, now.

Maybe Tad will be able to find a way to adjust the allowable size for the on-board avatars. Or maybe the ability to fix such things is something that will be added to the "abilities" given to other board admins, sometime in the future.

EDIT: I just discovered that if your original avatar looks smaller, if you go into your avatar preferences, you can increase the size up to at least 80x80.

Oh ho ho !!! I just discovered another real upgrade.

Used to be, if you scrolled back up, in the edit box, to try to insert a smiley in an earlier location... The software would just put the smiley at the very bottom, and you'd have to cut and paste it where you wanted it.

Now, it puts the smiley where the cursor is. Excellent !

Now to see if it still takes the spaces out of a sentence...

Damn. Yes, it still takes the spaces out.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,743 Posts
The "new" way of adding photos is MUCH better (as long as Tad has the space). If you upload a large image, it will automatically create an intermediate size to display in the forum. Clicking the image will take you to the original (LARGE) size.

Jeff, if you need to use spaces for alignment, put it inside a "code" tag. That will give you a monospace font.

There are a lot of features over which the admin has much more control than in previous versions.

Jack

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
ThIS IS SOOOOO WEIRD!!! but I like the quick post feature :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
:shock:

I can see!

Selador said:
One really big bonus for those of us who are getting older, is the option at the top right, to increase or decrease the font size.
You don't know how glad this eye-strained geek is you said that. I'd have used this site for months and never clicked on that, even if I saw it.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Tad said:
We're on PHPBB3 now, which brings a few new features.

1) Image attachments in posts

-Tad
what sorta MB limit on photos are you looking at :?: , i ask for all to know.

EDIT
also what file type does it need to be?
JPEG would not load..

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
what is going on in my sig line in this old thred :!: :?:
i went back to it to test the new photo posting mode, granted its not new to me isuzupup has been using it for years....

can any one else see the stuff that's there :x :x :x :x its messed up stuff :x :x :x :x

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26595

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Tad, for some reason I am unable to post a reply, in any section, or p.m. I compose, hit submit, and all I get is a waiting to connect to planet isuzu message. Is there something wacky going on with the "new" forum? Never had this problem before today.
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
shooter said:
We do need that emoticon with "the finger". Or, can they be imported from another source? If so, what's the procedure? I really like "the finger"; kind of has onomatopoeia.
It's still there.

:thefinger:

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
its a little harder to tell the difference but the symbol on the side of read posts are black/white and unread are red/white

One thing I'm not big on is the way it handles links in posts. Used to open it in a new tab on firefox when you clicked on it. Now it goes to the link in the same window.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts