Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-91 Trooper 2.8L V6 185,??? Still Climbing, Automatic-
After Driving For Maybe 45mins On The Highway It Gets SLuggish by this i mean ill b lucky if i can go 30mph. After About 5 or 10mins of riding it out itll go back to normal. Whats Going On??? Also after alot of city driving or running around it gets a hard start, by this I mean i gotta pump the gas to get it going. Fuel Filter Problem???

This is my 3rd time posting this SOMEONE please help me out.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
PolarStar said:
mhtat87 said:
This is my 3rd time posting this SOMEONE please help me out.
No clue, but that's a sure way of NOT getting help.
Exactly.

Posting three separate threads to ask the same question about the same vehicle, is an easy way to get yourself ignored.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree. I had the same problem. Pulled the fuel filter under the passengers side close to the tank. The whole thing was clogged coming from the tank side. Replaced it and now runs like crazy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well pull your filter and then tap the inlet side(towards the tank) on the concrete and stuff will probably come out.
Let us know :)

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
mhtat87 said:
thanx for the help crikket n foss

u other two need for the cocky attitude

this my first isuzu so i need the help GOT IT
Dude.

Let's talk about cocky attitude.

I actually responded with some help in one of your other two threads where you asked exactly the same thing about exactly the same vehicle.

Posting three threads to ask the same question about the same vehicle, all within minutes or hours of each other... Is not kosher, I don't care WHERE you are on the internet.

No one likes it.

I wasn't posting with an attitude, anyway. I was posting as a service. Letting you know that if you do that sort of thing, some people who might have been helpful, ARE likely to just ignore you.

this my first isuzu so i need the help GOT IT If you need the help, then you need to NOT do what will get you intentionally ignored, right ? Makes sense.

I wasn't being cocky. I was trying to be helpful.

You, on the other hand, are being cocky.

Yet another way to turn people off, and make sure that some will ignore you.

·
Registered
976 Posts
mhtat87 said:

Make sure you post at least three times next time you have a problem too. Now that you're convinced its the only way to get help on here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
n i appreciate the help in the other post

this car gets me frustrated sometimes you know

i plan on getting the tranny drained n new filter within next week hopefully

n sometime down the road a new fuel filter

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
mhtat87 said:
ok dude

my bad i apologize

SRY
No problem, dude.

:D

BTW: You win kudos in my book, because it takes cahones to apologize. Anybody can cop an attitude. Not too many are strong enough to apologize.

And thank you for that. Apology accepted.

:D

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
mhtat87 said:
n i appreciate the help in the other post

this car gets me frustrated sometimes you know

i plan on getting the tranny drained n new filter within next week hopefully

n sometime down the road a new fuel filter
You are welcome.

I do hope that the fluid and filter change on the trans really helps.

Is there a separate cooler for the trans fluid ? If not, you might consider adding one. But I have a feeling the filter and fluid change will probably make a big difference, all by itself.

And believe me, I know from frustrated !

I think the secret is to look at it like this:

It's a problem. Every problem has a solution. you just have to be patient and persistant enough to find that solution.

The vehicle is NOT smarter than you are.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
mhtat87 said:
i have no idea if there is a separate cooler, where should i be looking?
It would look like a much smaller radiator, and should be either in front of, or behind the main radiator.

The reason I zoned in on this is because your vehicle is not so much acting like a clogged fuel filter as, acting like the transmission is getting hot. That causes the sluggishness. Then when it cools off again, it runs fine. Until the trans gets hot again...

(If it were the fuel filter, it would be more constant. And wouldn't take so long to start causing a problem, each time.)

Your first action really should be changing the trans fluid and filter. And make sure the filter actually gets changed. (I've known "shops" to not have the right filter in stock, and then just rinse out the old filter, reinstall it, and claim they installed new.)

If that doesn't fix the problem outright, (and it probably will.), then adding a cooler will help.

If neither course of action fixes the problem, then we'll have to delve into the problem deeper.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oooo ok i got ya

yea it definitely doesn't have a separate cooler for the tranny

soooo i am to hoping that changing the fluid and new filter helps

hopefully ill be finding out next week when i get paid

·
Registered
188 Posts
Don't know if you've fixed this, it's an old post, but:

That 2.8 is a chevy TBI engine. Look in your fuel tank, between the pump, and the fuel line, and there is a little bit of rubber hose about an inch long. If that gets a little hole in it, it will make your engine act that way.

I once replaced a filter, pump, and rebuilt the TBI on an old chevy truck before I found that little rubber hose. Of course, with a nearly new fuel system, it ran GREAT once I changed the hose out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
mhtat87 said:

I always recommend replacing all the filters on a used vehicle that you just bought; this way, you learn some things about the vehicle and you know that the filters have been changed. And buy a service manual.

Lastly, the other respondents gave comment to your issue in the manner that you presented it. No one here is a psychic car mechanic & can accurately diagnose your car issues...

FWIW -

bnc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.