Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got a chance to take my pavement pounder up into the woods. First trip with it and my littlest boy.. Mind you im not a wuse but it's been a While since I've been up in the woods.. So im going up some steep roads right on the edge of all the nice deep cannions So far so good.. Get up to an intersection that takes off on an even steaper gravel road. Half way up im lookin out over all the other fricken mt's My oldest boy goes are you scared daddy.. My reply Oh just a little would you like to turn around.. Then my doughter (middle kid) is all,what im not scared.. That is until I turn towards the edge.. So,forward back forward back..forward back.. Get turned around.. But Hell that edge,that drop off... Me not having been up in the woods in a while..It was freekin me out.. :shock: :shock: I can say my amigo rocked atleast and the kids had fun.. Once we got off the 3000ft elevation road..It was all good!! So do you have the gutt's ???? If you say you've never been scared you don't got any brains to know any better than. lol

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
No pics, so obviously, it never happened.

:wink:

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Meh.

:lol: :lol:

I have also driven over the washout on Webster Pass here in Colorado. THAT scared me.

Not my pics..

Looking down the washout

The washout is at the top of the road where it curves a little bit. Its about 1k ft to the bottom.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Scared? Oh, yes. I would say the last big camping trip I took to Eastern NV was the scariest trail yet. Like some of Gizmo's pics above, I was on a trail with the Trooper that was so off camber on the side of a cliff that my heart was just pounding and I was white knuckling it the whole way, until I came to a spot in the trail that was washed out. So, on an already horribly off camber trail, I came to a washout that meant I needed to dip the front and then the rear of the Trooper down for a sec to clear the spot, making an already tippy situation that much tippier. Just like in Giz's pic above. You know, your whole body is leaning against the door from gravity....you look out the window and see nothing but a cliff loaded with rocks and a long way down. So yeah, wheeling can be scary. I think I am going to invest in some sand ladders eventually so I have something to bridge gaps like this and save me some serious stress. :) I really wish I had video of this spot.

Also bad is wheeling in the snow or sand near cliffs when you loose traction and start to slide towards the edge. That's some scary chit too, happened at least twice in the VX that I can remember.

All in good fun though.

Bart

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool Guy's nice pic's i need to figure out how to get pic's on the web. All i could manage was my little pic in the corner.. I would love to show pictures of stuff. I go up all kinds of steep hill's in the sand been to all the oregon dunes. I'm not as rambuncious to be a cliff hanger..I like my air time but in other way's. How many of you have been around oregon /washington area??.. Never get to meet up with Isuzu people here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gizmo42 said:
Meh.

:lol: :lol:

I have also driven over the washout on Webster Pass here in Colorado. THAT scared me.

Not my pics..

Looking down the washout

The washout is at the top of the road where it curves a little bit. Its about 1k ft to the bottom.

oh man!!! I think i'll keep my food and my gutts in my stomach scary but badass love the pictures! :oops:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Another good pic I recently saw from Moab.

Porcupine Rim, I'd like to try it.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I've been going to do porqupine rim the last couple years but never got to it. I know Big Swede doesnt like that one, mostly just bumpy trail driving.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
There was a spot like that washout in Gorman when I had my '97. Went up a steep sand hill and had to cut basically a 180 around and come down the other side. On the right was the hill, the left was about a 700-800ft drop-off and you had to HUG the wall when you were making your turn, my butt puckered a bit :lol: I'd love to make a trip out there and wheel with ya Giz, awesome scenery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts