Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are posting something from craigslist or ebay, or whatever...

Could you do us all a favor, and copy and paste any images from the ad as well? (Don't link to it.)

Those ads disappear and then we are left wondering what the heck other posters are talking about.

Thank you.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not that simple. You would have to download the images and then upload them somewhere else and then reference them from there. You can't just copy and paste images from one website to another...

Bart

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IsuzuGeek said:
Unfortunately, it's not that simple. You would have to download the images and then upload them somewhere else and then reference them from there. You can't just copy and paste images from one website to another...

Bart
1. Download the picture from the website to your desktop.
2. Start your post here. While making the post, scroll down and hit the button that says: "Upload attachment".
3. Follow instructions, to upload the picture from your desktop.
4. Make your post.
5. Done. If you don't want the picture on your desktop, you can then delete it.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IsuzuGeek said:
Whoa! All these years and I have never even noticed the Upload attachment tab!! LOL

Bart
:D :D :D

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,175 Posts
Just tried that. See ad in classified for an 86. Works for picture only.

·
Registered
326 Posts
When did this site let up upload pics directly? I thought we had to host them on a 3rd party server like photobucket.com or something? When did that change?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Its been that way since ive been on here. Which is almost 2 yrs I think.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
thrashercharged said:
When did this site let up upload pics directly? I thought we had to host them on a 3rd party server like photobucket.com or something? When did that change?
When the forum was revamped back in mid-2011 the requirement for a third party site to upload items was changed so that you can directly attach stuff from your computer files. Be warned there is a size limit & seems like certain types of files (PDF? docX? Maybe just pictures & not data files?) won't attach.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
The only issue I have had with the planet upload is copying that image into another thread i.e.. from a members build thread to rotm thread. It always says that the dimensions are undetermined. Aside from that I like not having to use a 3rd party.

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
326 Posts
oldestisuzuist said:
thrashercharged said:
When the forum was revamped back in mid-2011 the requirement for a third party site to upload items was changed so that you can directly attach stuff from your computer files. Be warned there is a size limit & seems like certain types of files (PDF? docX? Maybe just pictures & not data files?) won't attach.
Wow - ok, thanks! I didn't realize that had happened - how convenient! Glad I finally know! Yeah, my kids say I'm clueless too.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,713 Posts
itsmehb said:
Just tried that. See ad in classified for an 86. Works for picture only.
You can copy/paste the text to accompany the photo(s), or take a screen shot of the whole ad and upload that image.

Jack

·
Registered
459 Posts
IsuzuGeek said:
Whoa! All these years and I have never even noticed the Upload attachment tab!! LOL

Bart
Me too. Just learned about it a few weeks ago on another thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts