Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
‘89 Isuzu Pickup, 2.3L (one owner)
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do strangers offer to buy your Isuzu when it’s not for sale? It’s the weirdest thing. At least once a year (and three times in the past 18 months) someone stops at my house and asks if I will sale my Isuzu pickup truck. Happened Again last week. It’s never any of our other cars or truck. I always ask if they’ve owned an Isuzu, and they always say no. Since I doubt I could get anything as good as for $2000 (The offer), it’s still no deal. I’m just curious if this is common.

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
330 Posts
When I'm driving the pickup, yep. I tell them it's my baby and it's not for sale. I think people are just looking for cheap work trucks.

My neighbor growing up had a 60s VW bus that was primer gray and he would get offers once a month. Knocks at the door, notes on the car, they would even come up to me about it. He had it restored and painted, looks 10x better, and funnily enough the offers stopped showing up.

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Passport 4WD Automatic, Leather, Pioneer AVH-4200NEX w/GPS driving 400 Watt Kenwood amp
51 Posts
Its has happened to me a few times, like previously mentioned "I think people are just looking for cheap work trucks."
BTW, mine ain't cheap.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,789 Posts
Its has happened to me a few times, like previously mentioned "I think people are just looking for cheap work trucks."
BTW, mine ain't cheap.
Agreed. And we (in the US) do not have ANY small new trucks available. Yes, I know about the Maverick and others that are currently called "small". But they're still large compared to an Isuzu P'up or Pickup.

Jack

·
Registered
1991 Isuzu Trooper S
14 Posts
I have had two notes on my 1985 diesel P'UP asking to buy it, I recall one time a person asked about it in person and I told him I would take $10,000 (way too much of course) for it and he didn't pursue it any further. Now that I'm actually trying to sell the truck I'm only getting a ton of really low-ball offers on FB Marketplace but very few serious inquiries. That might be because, as mentioned, some people just see it as a cheap work truck. They just don't get it like we do, man.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Strangers used to ask WHAT MINE WAS (even though it said ISUZU on the grille. It was mainly because mine was the only 4x4 Spacecab in the area. Some would also ask where they could buy one. Dennis

·
Registered
1997 Rodeo, 6VD1, MUA5, 277k miles
40 Posts
I have never gotten an offer on mine, but I know the previous owner did get occasional offers. Mainly from high school students looking for something that could be taken off road

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The closest I've ever come was I was stopped at a red light, and a lady made a left turn through the intersection in front of me, and STOPPED right next to me (good thing no one else was behind her) and yelled out the window, "God I want your car." It was weird.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts