Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
It wont matter if you cut a little extra off. Basically lay them out on the bench and note how much extra you have beyond the center of the sleeve and cut that extra off.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I am glad everyone is getting use out of the combo I found. I really like that the parts are available and affordable. The fact that you can do a huge strength upgrade for less than stock parts cost is obviously the best part.

I have said it before but I would like to say it again. What makes the hotrodding/4X4 community so great is the open source nature of the hobby. I could have kept all the part numbers a secret and turned around and sold them at a profit and it may have taken a few years for people figure it out. However, I have used countless ideas from other people over the years, the first one I used on my Troooer was the trans/transfer vent mod, so any idea I come up with I share for free as a way of giving back. Hell I even put up a couple hundred dollars a year to keep my website and domain hosted. If you have been to my site you will see I sell a couple products. Yes I do make money, but again there are no secrets. How to make my intake kit is in the how to section and the shackles could be copied by looking at the pictures or just making something up yourself. What you pay for is convenience and my time to make the stuff.

I really appriciate anyone who posts up any information for the benefit of community. When we make an effort to keep things free or very low cost our hobby will advance much faster than if everything was done for profit and kept secret. Just look at communities like Megasquirt EFI ,Linux OS and Arduino they have come so far so fast because ideas change hands millions of times a second. Hotrodding has benefited massively from community boards like this one and I just want it to stay alive for as long as possible.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
There should be no difference. Unless the old parts were really sloppy. Did the alignment shop give you a printout of the final numbers?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Camber you wouldn't notice in the wheel. But caster and toe you would. It definatly takes more than 15 mins to do a proper alignment. I know they only had to set the toe but still thats pretty quick.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
It really doesn't matter. I have a inside ones matching and outside ones matching threads. They still do the job the same.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I used Moog parts and the grease fittings were in the box. I just had to screw them in. Not sure what you get with other brands.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts