Isuzu SUV Forum banner
201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Did you cut and reweld or "work" around it?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
dman4486 said:
Ordered my 5-gal air tank, on-85psi/off-105psi pressure switch, 140psi popoff safety valve and 3/8 checkvalve 4 days ago...

IT IS ALL HERE!!!! I'll hopefully be doing an install later this week and get some pics of my new onboard air setup!!
So after about a year... I have been using the compressor as a carry along (Outstanding for this purpose). I finally put the tank together...

This is the output side with a 1-to-3 distribution block, 85psi on/105 psi off switch, 1/4 inch quick connect and extra hole (plugged but thinking of a remote connection somewhere on the outside of the truck, maybe under Gas Cap?)

Input side with check valve to relieve pressure on the compressor when it isn't running and to prevent high pressure turn on.

Should be continuing installation on this project once I am back in SC in FEB.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
Wow this thread has gone nowhere in a while.... I just finished up putting upper control arms on and getting an alignment.... after the second trip due to the wheel bearings being too loose to align. Truck has been sitting in its parking space almost all year since I brought it home from Ohio. Looking at houses now with garages, which will be awesome to have the truck sitting inside and me able to get more work done on it. Hopefully in the next few months I will have time to get back to work on this thing :)

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Good to hear man! I should have my new beater back this weekend.. wanna meet up??

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Ruination said:
Good to hear man! I should have my new beater back this weekend.. wanna meet up??
If we meet up we are guaranteed a speeding ticket a piece lol.... Hell yea lets do it :twisted:

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
jwood1016 said:
Dang I wasn't sure you still had that bucket of bolts! Got to take her wheeling again it's a blast wheeling with that truck.
Did you make it to uwharrie this year? You should have seen my uppers before this last bit of work.... they were 3 buckets.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Long time since any work on my truck :(

Removed my steering center link and tie rods, replaced the link and disassembled the tie rods to clean them up. Centered the pitman and Idler with the Link attached so that I have the same throw each direction to the bumps and then put the tie-rods back on and measured to the same length. Once the rods were the same length I then adjusted them equally to 0* toe so that I can drive it up to Firestone for my free lifetime alignment. Steering wheel was out by 1/4 turn clockwise after years of alignments due to the passenger side tie rod being adjusted 3/4 inch longer than the driver one. Now I have a centered steering wheel and equal turns left to lock as right.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Can't see pics. If you try to follow the url it gives this message.
"Your client does not have permission to get URL /SsMwkvY9_D0v3R9EOZESVcPU2kci7PYxvw9_uurLeyiyY0GEHxW77GKA7YTEI-hB0IO5vxxyFXYM500=w1342-h561 from this server. Forbidden That's all we know."

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
mustanger999 said:
Can't see pics. If you try to follow the url it gives this message.
"Your client does not have permission to get URL /SsMwkvY9_D0v3R9EOZESVcPU2kci7PYxvw9_uurLeyiyY0GEHxW77GKA7YTEI-hB0IO5vxxyFXYM500=w1342-h561 from this server. Forbidden That's all we know."
Appologies.. I was trying out something new with drive. apparently doesn't work. I'll get them moved over to Photobucket and updated pronto

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
It has been almost 4 years now and I finally got a jump start on the air kit. The compressor is still working great but I have made some modifications to the plan and will post up pictures later. As of now the 5Gal tank is installed under the truck. 3/8 piping is in to get from the tank to the interior where there is now a 3/8 in to 5x1/4 out manifold. I converted the entire project over to 'V' style fittings for better flow including drilling and tapping the compressor head to fit a 1/4 NPT 'V' male fitting. I am awaiting delivery of a new 1/4NPT x 36" leader hose with check valve to complete the project.

Remaining tasks:
1. Plum compressor side of manifold as follows starting from the compressor (1/4NPT 'V' Female -> 1/4NPT leader -> 1/4NPT 3 way normal open air relay -> 1/4NPT check valve ->manifold)
2. Wire up electrical (battery+ -> pressure switch operated relay -> N/O air relay -> compressor)
3. Turn it on and hope all the 4 year old parts don't blow up!

dman4486 said:
dman4486 said:
Ordered my 5-gal air tank, on-85psi/off-105psi pressure switch, 140psi popoff safety valve and 3/8 checkvalve 4 days ago...

IT IS ALL HERE!!!! I'll hopefully be doing an install later this week and get some pics of my new onboard air setup!!
So after about a year... I have been using the compressor as a carry along (Outstanding for this purpose). I finally put the tank together...

This is the output side with a 1-to-3 distribution block, 85psi on/105 psi off switch, 1/4 inch quick connect and extra hole (plugged but thinking of a remote connection somewhere on the outside of the truck, maybe under Gas Cap?)

Input side with check valve to relieve pressure on the compressor when it isn't running and to prevent high pressure turn on.

Should be continuing installation on this project once I am back in SC in FEB.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
OK great now that you have proof of concept, order 2 of everything and install on my truck & montero please!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Ruination said:
OK great now that you have proof of concept, order 2 of everything and install on my truck & montero please!
doesn't the montero have onboard air factory?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
dman4486 said:
Ruination said:
doesn't the montero have onboard air factory?
7 PSI compressor for the air locker doesn't count!

201 - 220 of 249 Posts