Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an 89 2.6 pickup. There is a gasket that goes in between the cap and distributor body that i am having one heck of a time finding. the parts stores say they've never seen anything like it and they cant find anywhere that has one. I switched to a 2.3 head last year, and the distributors i got with one of my junk 2.3 heads had a gasket too, a little different, but there was one on it (of course I cant find it right now). i need a new one because my old one somehow got stretched out on the bottom. Anyone have a part number or know what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Dude,

Welcome to the Planet!!! Lots of expertise here.

The 4ZE1 (aka 2.6L) dizzy cap gasket is P/N: 8-94322-991-0. 4ZD1 (aka 2.3L) gasket is P/N: 8-94360-330-0.

JLEMOND, on this forum, is our ISUZU guru and has a warehouse of NOS parts at reasonable prices.

Hope this helps,

GB :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Another thought. If even Jerry does not have that particular gasket, you can make your own. Using a combination of your old gasket as a template, a drawing board type compass if needed, a sharp knife and/or scissors, make a duplicate. Most better parts houses have various gasket material to source from. Just pick out material of appropriate gauge and composition, lay the old gasket on top, trace and very carefully cut out!

I have not done this in a long while, but if the old gasket is too deteriorated, you can probably use the cap to trace around. be sure to cut out any other holes required before removing the center.

After proving your new gasket works properly, let it be your master and make duplicates for future use or sell to the rest of us!
Think how stoked you would be after successfully making it your self!!!

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
I never knew the dist cap required a gasket.

I've never ever taken a dist cap off and found a gasket.

Don't think I've ever had a problem because of the lack of one, either.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Tat,

Not in dispute, with your findings. Currently, I happen to have one on mine and factory parts catalog list them. Glad I need not be concerned on trying to find a replacement next maintenance interval!
Perhaps planned obsolescence by default (?)!

Thanks,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool thanks. I was in the woods a couple months ago and my dist got wet, thats when I noticed it was stretched out. Im going to carb this thing soon, so I guess I should have asked for the 2.3 number in the first place, anyway this really helps me out, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.