Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yep, it's confirmed it will not work on my '98.

Even went as far as bending the metal tap away from the pins. Still did not work. Only way for the light to go off is unplug the connector.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
HONDEO said:
Y Only way for the light to go off is unplug the connector.
You were supposed to leave the connector disconnected after placing plastic between the shorting clip and Pins A6 and A7

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you disconnect the ABS harness connector insert a piece of plastic between the shorting clip and pins A6 (ABS lamp) and A7 (ground) the ABS lamp cannot illuminate. Otherwise, A7 supplies a ground path for the lamp and it will illuminate.
Buster, dude, save me, will ya?
I've just fixed a harness issue at the rear, the easy so many of these have needed. But the previous owner of this rig removed the ABS fuse, and I can't figure out what type of fuse is supposed to be. My parts store has been zero help.

'01 amigo. 60a cartridge, but I don't know WHICH cartridge type.
Help? Please?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Buster, dude, save me, will ya?
I've just fixed a harness issue at the rear, the easy so many of these have needed. But the previous owner of this rig removed the ABS fuse, and I can't figure out what type of fuse is supposed to be. My parts store has been zero help.

'01 amigo. 60a cartridge, but I don't know WHICH cartridge type.
Help? Please?
In the engine compartment Fuse and Relay box the 50A ABS fuse is located next to the 50A IGN fuse. The fuses are identical.
Bussmann FMX-50 MAXI Fuse ('Slow Blow' Female - 50 A (Red)
$5.90 at Amazon

·
Super Moderator
2,398 Posts
Pull the fuse is all you need to disable the system.When in a panic braking situation you will need to pump the brake pedal as if you are driving a 1973 Chevy Monte Carlo.
And once again he read the post before answering…:rolleyes:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts