Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was sitting behind some lady at a stop light the other day and noticed that she was primping herself in the mirror and not watching the light at all. The light turns green and she's still screwing around so I give her a shot of the horn. The sound wasn't at all what I expected and I was pretty embarassed at what came out :oops: Not only that, but the lady didn't even hear the horn and I had to wait for her to notice that other traffic was moving before she stepped on it.

Has anyone added a horn that's a little more demanding? This one just isn't cutting it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Go down to your local big rig salvage yard. :twisted: Let your imagionation run wild. Or you can cheat and buy a kit.
http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm (scroll down to the model 417)

After the install, find that lady, and make her think theres a locomotive bearin down on her! :twisted:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: I was looking into one of those the other day but thought it would a bit too much. I could get myself into a lot of trouble with that thing :D

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I had the shorter ones on my mitsu pickup (mine were Fiamm but looked the same). About $20 from harbor freight. They sounded like an italian sports car horn but very loud. I'm getting another set to put on my rodeo when the weather warms up more.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I pulled two horns off a Rodeo in the junk yard, and just added them to the one that was already there. Now it sounds like an angry goat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you guys think of a horn from one of those old land barge 76 Gran Marqui's? It may take some modify, but I think that may get the job done.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You really can put any horn you want on there. All it takes is power from the horn switch and a ground. As long as you are satisfied with the sound, you are good to go.

·
Registered
68 Posts
sneekyeye said:
You really can put any horn you want on there. All it takes is power from the horn switch and a ground. As long as you are satisfied with the sound, you are good to go.
Is that true? My 04 Rodeo has a pretty wimpy horn too and I'm always on it in L.A. traffic (horny kid what can I say--haha okay not funny). I test drove an 04 Axiom before buying the Rodeo and that had a very nice Jaguar-ish horn on it. Do you think the Axiom horn will fit easily onto the Rodeo or will it need a lot of electrical/adding wire work? I dont know much about electrical anything :oops:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
The first time I laid on my horn in rightous indignation, I thought jeeze, that's not very manly.

Pulled a pair out of a 79 LaSabre & put em in.

Now I sound like a honest to god, good ol American V8 is on your tail. :wink:

Jim

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
04Rodeo5spd said:
sneekyeye said:
Is that true? Do you think the Axiom horn will fit easily onto the Rodeo or will it need a lot of electrical/adding wire work? I dont know much about electrical anything :oops:
Any horn will work. Its just 2 wires and the horn doesnt care if its rodeo wires or axiom wires. If you want 2 horns just splice 2 more wires on if there isnt a second connection. You might have to cut the plug off the original and put some connectors on it, easy enough to do.

You might want to pull the fuse before working on them though. Not sure about rodeos or american cars but every japanese one I've changed horns on the 12v to the plug is constant and the ground goes through the horn switch.

I'm eventually going to get a nice loud 'american' horn for the alarm on mine and another set of Fiamm air horns for the regular horn. Had to use my horn the other day and the only reason I didnt get embarassed is that it was a Kia and I know their horns are worse then ours (my neice has one).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.