Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D In the process of changing my oil in my 04 Rodel, I noticed a blue sticker, bolted to the passanger side of the transmission. Aisan MT LTD. I was under the impression that only the newer 3.5s had this brand of Trans. In my convoluted way of thinking I was worried I might have killed my trans. by using Delron III ATF in my last fluid change. I had noticed in the book that the 3.5 requires Isuzu ATF. Would this be the same trans as in the 3.5? I have read alot about the other trans. in the Rodeo but not any about the Aisan. Is it better or worse or the same? :D Thanks Andie

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Andrea said:
:D In the process of changing my oil in my 04 Rodel, I noticed a blue sticker, bolted to the passanger side of the transmission. Aisan MT LTD. I was under the impression that only the newer 3.5s had this brand of Trans. In my convoluted way of thinking I was worried I might have killed my trans. by using Delron III ATF in my last fluid change. I had noticed in the book that the 3.5 requires Isuzu ATF. Would this be the same trans as in the 3.5? I have read alot about the other trans. in the Rodeo but not any about the Aisan. Is it better or worse or the same? :D Thanks Andie
YOU DO HAVE THE AISIN TRANS , ALL THE 2004 RODEOS WITH AUTOMATICS CAME WITH THEM AND THEY ARE SO FAR SUPERIOR TO ANY GM TRANS , IT ISNT EVEN WORTH DISCUSSING , THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL TRANS , AND WILL LAST AN AWFUL LONG TIME TAKEN CARE OF, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE ATF THAT IS CALLED FOR , AND IT IS THE SAME TRANS AS THE 3.5 DI ENG VERY DOUBTFULL YOU HURT THE TRANS , BUT FOR THE BEST LIFE PUT THE OIL IN IT THAT IT CALLS FOR , THERE ARE A LOT OF CHANGES IN THE NEWER TRANS OILS THAT HAVE TO WATCHED FOR , AND IT SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CHANGED NO MORE THAN 40-50000 MILES UNLESS YOU ARE DOING A LOT OF HEAVY DUTY TOWING YOU WILL LOVE THE TRANS . JERRY

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D Thanks JLEMOND, The fluid and filter have been changed twice at 20,000 mile intervals. With Puralor filters and Mobil 1 Syn ATF. If these are the same trans in both the 3.5 and 3.2 why does the owner manual state dextron 3 for the 3.2 and Isuzu ATF for the 3.5? Thanks again, Andie :D

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Do you have the 3.2 or 3.5?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:D Its a 3.2. I emailed Mobil Oil this morn and they stated they had no syntheic ATF for the Aisan auto trans. I think dad changed it out pretty early in her life, by his posts here. Thanks Andie :)

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Andrea said:
:D Thanks JLEMOND, The fluid and filter have been changed twice at 20,000 mile intervals. With Puralor filters and Mobil 1 Syn ATF. If these are the same trans in both the 3.5 and 3.2 why does the owner manual state dextron 3 for the 3.2 and Isuzu ATF for the 3.5? Thanks again, Andie :D
THAT IS STRANGE

I JUST CHECKED THE ISUZU FACTORY PARTS CD AND THERE ARE 2 TRANS FOR THE 3.2 A 2WD AND A 4X4 AND TWO FOR THE 3.5 2WD AND A DIFF NO FOR THE 4WD , NO 4L30 TRANS AT ALL FOR THE SEPT 03 AND LATER PRODUCTION VEH. I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN FIND OUT ON THE OIL , IN THE MEANTIME DONT WORRY YOURSELF OVER IT , NOT VERY LIKELY TO DO ANY DAMAGE AT ALL EVEN WITH THE DEXRON 111.. JERRY

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D Thanks Jerry, by the way mine is a 4 wheel drive. Ive always been told im a worry wart. Thanks again. Andie :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:D Between work, classes, and snow flurries today, I was able to get the Model No. and Ser. No. from my transmission.
Model No. 30-40L6
Ser. No 04AR401665
Three calls to the dealership has gotten me no where but a larger phone bill.
Thanks Andie :D :D

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Andrea said:
:D Between work, classes, and snow flurries today, I was able to get the Model No. and Ser. No. from my transmission.
Model No. 30-40L6
Ser. No 04AR401665
Three calls to the dealership has gotten me no where but a larger phone bill.
Thanks Andie :D :D
THAT MODEL NO SAY IT ALL IT IS DEFINATELY AN ASIAN WARNER UNIT ... THE OLDER UNITS WERE AW 30.80LE

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:( After doing a few searches im still lost as the type of fluid to use. But I did discover the Model No. should be 30-40LE and not 30-40L6. Seems they were used in some Jeeps, and Toyotas also. Thanks for all your help Jerry. Andie :D

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Andrea said:
:( After doing a few searches im still lost as the type of fluid to use. But I did discover the Model No. should be 30-40LE and not 30-40L6. Seems they were used in some Jeeps, and Toyotas also. Thanks for all your help Jerry. Andie :D
YEP THEY ARE USED IN A LOT OF TOYOTAS AND IT IS LEXUS MAIN TRANS, BEEN A LOT OF VEH USE THIS TRANS , EVEN SOME VOLVO,S , AND OF COURSE JEEP DID USE A LOT OF THEM , JERRY

·
Registered
564 Posts
For some reason transmission manufacturers think it's fun to call their products by as many names as they possibly can. Your Aisin-Warner 30-40LE unit is also known as the A340E or A340F in the Toyota world. The 4L30E in Troopers is sometimes also called the THM-R1 in BMWs and there's a third wacky name that I am forgetting now.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
J-dawg said:
....The 4L30E in Troopers is sometimes also called the THM-R1 in BMWs and there's a third wacky name that I am forgetting now.
f'ed up, from what i've been reading........

:shock:

but, shhhh, mine's mostly been fine by me....

//bc

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
trooperbc said:
J-dawg said:
....The 4L30E in Troopers is sometimes also called the THM-R1 in BMWs and there's a third wacky name that I am forgetting now.
f'ed up, from what i've been reading........

:shock:

but, shhhh, mine's mostly been fine by me....

//bc
He has a different transmission. Your 4L30E is half what his A340H is in quality. Ask me how I know :)

-Tad

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Tad said:
....You know, if I'd actually read ....-Tad (he) :)
and J-dawg (he, i assume) was just talking about how transmissions seem to carry more than one designation, the Aisin and the 4L30E in Troopers...

and I (he) was making a joke about the third name for the 4L30E he (the other) couldn't remember.

and no Tad i won't ask you. i seem to remember reading about a trip and a flat bed. . .

and now i'm really afraid my 1992 trooper is going to get wind of all this...

:D :shock: :lol:

good thing i am not superstitious.

andrea (she) : anything further on what fluid to put in yours?

//bc

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:( Not yet. The dealership in Albq. wants me to bring it down for them to look at it? Look at what? One in Armirillo is sure there was 2 transmissions, an auto and a manual :roll: . All the forums for the different car manufactors say to only to use their brand. Well all I can say this is better than writing a research paper. Heck what do I know Im only a female :D Andie

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:oops: And Tad I did the samething today, I didnt look at the userline and was mixing up someone who had answered a question with the person who had asked the question (both hes I think). Andie :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:D Isuzu just informed me it is the Dextron 3, wow great service only been waiting about a week now. I do feel sorry for the ones with the Aisin in the 3.5 though. It requries Aisan fluild, only aviable in 5 gallon bucket! Thanks for everyones help. Andie :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.