Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man; I just did my first ever engine replacement. Got this Axiom running pretty smooth except for the TOD wasn't working and in my attempt to clear the TOD codes by jumpering Pin #4 (chasis ground pin) to Pin #8 (TOD diagnostic enable), I jumpered Pin #4 (chasis ground pin) to Pin #16 (Battery power fom vehicle unswitched, 4 amp max). Bad, bad move. I think I even saw a little puff of smoke at the wire end. Now even the rear wheel indicators are blinking and I think I'm in limp mode (also the alarm isn't beeping if I double "lock" the fob). Before I continue with my crack troubleshooting skills I'm seeking any advice possible ( battery disconnect for 30 minutes, check every fuse I can find, start pricing ECM's). This is the nicest ride I've ever had and I seem to have killed it in two weeks.
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im looking at the shop manuals and it looks like the Horn fuse supplies pin 16 at the Data Link connector (obd), the Alarm and Relay control unit, and the anti theft horn function. I'll check the fuse in the morning.

Speaking of the shop manuals... In the 2002 Axiom, Ground Distribution schematics, grounds are named B-9, C-26, E-23, G-6, P-10, etc. How do I find thier physical locations?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention that after my mixup, my scan tool wouldn't work.

Anyway, yes the fuse for the horn was open. Replaced it and the horn works, as well as the scan tool. Pin 16 supplies power to the scan tool through the DLC / OBD2 connection.

But, I'm stuck in four wheel low (4L) with all tires lit solidly on the display when selector is set to 4L.

Still getting flashing lights (Check TOD, back two tires when 2H selected, all four tires when TOD selected) and TOD codes 13,14, and 24 (speed sensors for front, rear, and a ground problem) and I went and bought a handheld vacuum pump but I'm not having any luck with manually vacuuming the valve assembly on the front axle. I found some other posts that mention two ports on the unit. I'm only seeing one, the other port where the second hose hooks up is on a small plastic elbow fitting that comes out of the front axle.

Where do I appy vacuum to swith back to 2wd?

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
According to my Axiom FSM the front axle actuator on a 2002 Axiom is electrically operated, same as 2002 Rodeo. The hose is a vent line.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this reads more like a diary and I apologize.

I dont think the Axiom has the same valves that other models have. I was using the wrong term, I'm actually looking at the axle actuator. Part number 8-97208-683-8 at myisuzuparts.com if anyone wants to see. Is there a test for these?

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
That part number is for Rodeo and Axiom and is for an electrically operated axle actuator.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back to "normal" by resetting codes while in 2H. Still have original TOD codes but I guess I can switch between 2H and 4L as long us I carry around a jumper wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts