Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving this certain 25 mile 2 lane blacktop through the mountains and around the lake for 12 years; I have missed hundreds if not thousands of deer

05:45 11-07-11

Cruising at 55 listening to eazyE...thinking of the expo camper I want to build...

I saw the gleem from their eyes 2 sets on the shoulder of the road...looking for the the 3rd set (they always travel in packs)

I hit the brakes as they dart infront of the Trooper, missed them :shock: still looking for more,I scan the road quickly........no more :? weird..so I give her some gas and....

The sole remainding deer lept from her hiding spot in the ditch and 6 feet later landed right smack in front of the trooper, as she crouched to recover from the landing ....BAMM... :evil: ..the troop bounced up when the tire hit it

I was pissed

I noticed both headlights still worked and pulled over to check for radiator damage

NONE!!!! I hit it with the bumper only and forced it under the tires

Luckly she was still crouched when the impact hit

So the "new" JY bumper I had put on 3 weeks ago was trashed bent and skew....time for me to make the one out of 3/16 that I have put off...had to vent

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Selador said:
Venison for supper tonight ?
Nasty bloody meat...especially since it went under my drivers tires and the rearend.... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Bansil said:
Selador said:
Venison for supper tonight ?
Nasty bloody meat...especially since it went under my drivers tires and the rearend.... :mrgreen:
Chilli it is then :D
glad to here that is all you got out with man.

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Hit one with the Freightliner last week. It is getting a new hood this week. :lol:

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
if anyone wants to take the dead bird out of my radiator shroud for whatever chili or soup they are going to make feel free. $15 local pick up only. You have to remove it.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Med!c said:
if anyone wants to take the dead bird out of my radiator shroud for whatever chili or soup they are going to make feel free. $15 local pick up only. You have to remove it.
I reckon it's dehydrated?...just add water :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I, luckily, have never hit a deer (knock on wood) but I'm sure I just jinxed myself... :shock: Glad you didn't sustain more damage than that.
I did however, hit a BAT that got stuck between the windshield wiper and windsheild once. Left it there 'til the next morning so the kids could see it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Bansil said:
Med!c said:
I reckon it's dehydrated?...just add water :mrgreen:
Yes and precooked. I'm thinking all the heat from the radiator is probably the only reason it has not yet decomposed. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I whacked a deer tonight.. i was doing some rally racing on this gravel road and when i went around a turn a deer ran out infront me. I was only going about 10 when i whacked him. He got up and ran. Worst part is it knocked my aux lights outta aim :(

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I've hit two deer in my lifetime. One with a Nabisco truck (no damage) and the other with the rented Suburban on a movie I was working on. I was taking Sam Elliot back to his hotel from a remote location. Headlights in my face.....BLAM!! Busted headlight, bent hood and I hit it just right so it's *** swung around the drivers side, caved in the door and it crapped down the side of the Suburban. Sam was cool about it though. He's cool about everything.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They can do damage,that's for sure.a woman was killed a few years ago when she hit a deer and it
Went up the hood and thru the windsheild :shock: I always have liked a big truck to keep that from happening

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Bansil said:
They can do damage,that's for sure.a woman was killed a few years ago when she hit a deer and it
Went up the hood and thru the windsheild :shock: I always have liked a big truck to keep that from happening
Until you hit an Elk they are like a cow in stilts. If your truck ain't lifted they'll go through your windshield too. Seen it in Flagstaff AZ. Tons of Elk up there, except during hunting season. :)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Ever Hit a Moose? Some people don't make it to tell the tale...neither does the moose.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
94Rodayo4x4 said:
Ever Hit a Moose? Some people don't make it to tell the tale...neither does the moose.
Moose are deadly to hit with your car. They stand so tall they go through the windshield and land in your lap.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
CatFuzz said:
94Rodayo4x4 said:
Moose are deadly to hit with your car. They stand so tall they go through the windshield and land in your lap.
Ask me how I know. I have seen it happen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts