Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving to Laredo, Texas (don't ask), and there isn't an Isuzu or an Acura dealership in town. There is, however, a Honda dealership.

So, since Honda owns Acura, and since Acura had the SLX (Trooper), do you think I'd be able to take my Troop into the Honda dealership for service?

I hope so. The closest dealer alternative is over 2 hours away in San Antonio.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Why I think they should help you out, why not just call them and ask? Then you will know for sure.

More importantly how many things really have to have a dealer? If you ask me you should be trying to find a good independent shop.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tomster said:
If you ask me you should be trying to find a good independent shop.
You've obviously never been to Laredo. It's a dump.

Then again, I might get lucky. Will advise. I'll be there in less than a week.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I live about 2 or 3 hours south of Laredo, in Mission, TX. Its next to McAllen. We have an Isuzu dealer (Frank Smith Isuzu) that also services Toyota and Hyundai. Its a large dealer so you probably could get whatever you need here. As for the salespeople at the Isuzu store, they suck. But we have got fairly good service for our Ascender. But in San Antonio i think they have 2 dealers, North Park Isuzu and Reb McCombs Isuzu. There is also a dealer in Harlingen, Cardenas Isuzu. Sorry you have to move to Laredo :(

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tomster said:
Some strange dump, it has a Honda dealer but no independent shop. :p
I said "dump", not "logical dump". :wink:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CarMatt777 said:
Sorry you have to move to Laredo :(
Yeah, well.... One does what one has to in order to move the career forward... :?

So.... What is there to do wheeling-wise that far south in Deepinaharta, Texas?

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you insist on going to a dealer, I would use Red Mccombs in San Antonio. Those guys actually let me back in the garage whenever I need to xerox Isuzu literature. Being in Laredo, if you know un poquito spanish, there are some pretty good mechanics in Mexico that will fix your rig with all the right parts for pennies on the dollar. I'm not joking about that either, you just have to take your time and ask around.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TexasTrooper said:
If you insist on going to a dealer, I would use Red Mccombs in San Antonio. Those guys actually let me back in the garage whenever I need to xerox Isuzu literature. Being in Laredo, if you know un poquito spanish, there are some pretty good mechanics in Mexico that will fix your rig with all the right parts for pennies on the dollar. I'm not joking about that either, you just have to take your time and ask around.
Fortunately, I'm fluent (being the kid of Cuban immigrants), so language isn't the problem.

I'll look around, then. Thanks for the heads-up!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey i'm in San Antonio today, and I passed by Red McCombs Isuzu, and I think they closed up, the lot looked empty. And I think they sold their operations to World Car, because World Car is now Mazda-Kia-Isuzu. Sou you may want to try World Car, its a large chain of dealerships so they probably have alot of resources available to help you.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Matt.

Interesting thing is that I've seen QUITE a few Isuzus down here (second generation Troopers and Rodeos..... Mostly Troopers), so SOMEONE has to be able to service them.

I just haven't been able to stop anyone to ask them... :?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.