Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, ALL of my dash lights have now burned out. I have a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo 4X4 3.2L. Is it a pain to change the bulbs? I am not mechanically inclined, should I see a mechanic? Also, wondering about a small lift? Should I go with springs /leafs, or get a lift kit? I am new to the world of offroading. I can drive in snow no problem, but have never really gone off road. Looking forward to it someday. Until then, it would be helpful to know how fast I am going, how much gas I have, etc. Thanks all in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, noone sent a PM and my dashlights burned out one at a time, not all at once. All at once I MIGHT have checked the fuses (no guarantee on that though :lol: ). I naturally assumed that it would be burned out bulbs. I will check the fuses tomorrow when the rain stops though, just to be sure. After that, back to wondering.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
The lights themselves shouldn't be that hard, but expect to spend an hour changing them. The biggest pain is that you will probably have to remove the dash, take the bulb out, and drive to the parts store to get the correct bulb. Certainly check fuses and the dimmer switch if they all went out at once before you dig into the dash.

If any of the switches also need new bulbs, we have an article about replacing them at: http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.htm/94

-Tad

·
Registered
8 Posts
htchkss said:
OK, ALL of my dash lights have now burned out. I have a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo 4X4 3.2L. Is it a pain to change the bulbs? I am not mechanically inclined, should I see a mechanic? Also, wondering about a small lift? Should I go with springs /leafs, or get a lift kit? I am new to the world of offroading. I can drive in snow no problem, but have never really gone off road. Looking forward to it someday. Until then, it would be helpful to know how fast I am going, how much gas I have, etc. Thanks all in advance!
My '95 Rodeo had the same problem. I had them replaced when I had my clutch redone @ 101,000 miles. They charged me 1/2 worth of labor, but I suppose it was a combi deal with getting the clutch done. He said it was a pain to remove the dash, so tread carefully.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
I just had one of the dash lights burn-out on my `97 Rodeo too. --- Kinda makes you wonder, huh?

Anyway, I will be addressing this at the same time that I plug into the dash wires for my Rancho Controller gauges. --- When I do, I'll be sure to post the part number for the dash bulb.

The black plastic dash panel is held in place by seven Phillips-head screws and a couple of clips... It's not rocket science... Just be sure that you don't damage any of the wires that run to the attached switches. --- Depending on how far you need to pull the dash panel away from the dash itself, you may even want to disconnect the switches... If so, be sure to label all of the connectors first... It'll definitely save you some headaches when it comes time to button everything back together.

Oh, and when you are putting the dash panel back into place, be sure to watch out for the trip odometer reset button... It has an annoying tendency to get caught behind the panel. --- I came very close to breaking mine the last time that I was messing around back behind there. :roll:

HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.