Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok a friend of mine has a '96 Rodeo, and he asked me to look into a couple of problems he has with it. There are a few things tht I know immediately to check, but I wanted to get some insight from you guys before I looked at it to see if anyone has had the same problem. Well all of his dashlights speedometer, and odometer quit working, though all the other gagues, tach, fuel, etc still work. His tail lights don't work, but they do work when you hit the break pedal. So my first thought was to check fuses, bulbs, and the dimmer switch to see if it's shorted and maybe blew out all thos fuses. Anyone else had this problem, and now an exact fix, so I don't waste anytime, or am I on the right track. Oh and he lost his manual, so can anyone tell me where in the fuse box such related fuses are located. Thanx a bunch.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think you're on the right track. Just keep patience and persistence with the electrical problems, and you should be ok. As far as your fuse panels go, I have never been in a Rodeo, so I couldn't tell you. I'm sure someone else will chime in and help out.

One more thing. Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
On my 1995 Passport / Rodeo, the fuse panel is on the underside of the dash on the right side of the left dash speaker. It's behind a small compartment door. I think his should be somewhere similar. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
In '96 Rodeo the fuse box is on the left side of the lower dash panel (facing the left door). There is also one fuse box inside the engine bay on the right fender.

just keep looking for short or a bad ground, but keep in mined that the instument panel might be fried.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi
the fuse boxes for a 96 isuzu rodeo are in 2 places.
1 is under the hood
1 is on the drivers side of the dash panel but you have to open the door to see it
as for the dash lights being out i am not sure what to do as mine just went out last night.
if i find out how to fix it i will let you know :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts