Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend was an expedition-style, cross country trail ride through the Daniel Boone National Forest of Kentucky.

Myself and RuggedAmigo teamed up with a few Suzuki guys and a 4Runner for a two-day trek through some fantastic scenery. The trails started near Slade/Natural Bridge, and we ended it at Livingston. By my odometer, it was 107 miles of trails, dirt roads, and some pavement to connect the trails.

Here's a few pics--

Atop one of many natural bridges or "arches" in the area.

Some dirt roads.

Some pavement, too.

But mostly trails and trails!

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
that looks like an AWESOME trip. i have wanted to do a multiple day wheeling trip for some time now, just need a spot to make it happen and the time to do it!

any trail carnage or testy moments?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks like all had a great time, enjoyed all of the pictures. There goes another trip that I wish I had been on.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Man, it seems like every week your going wheeling somewhere! Looks like it was a great time. Thats good that RuggedAmigo was able to go.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RodeoRed said:
any trail carnage or testy moments?
Trail Carnage? Why, yes, yes there was!!!
The 4Runner blew a CV joint, my Trooper blew a CV joint, RuggedAmigo got a good scrape on a rear quarter, a Tracker had some radiator problems, a Samurai got a severe scrape down the passenger side, and the LWB Samurai flopped on its side.

Here's a picture of my grenaded CV joint:

Here's a link to Andy's pictures:
Daniel Boone Expedition

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the CV failures, it was 2WD thereafter. Not alot of fun, but interesting! We had to take the strap on several obstacles--fortunately, we were'nt too far from the trail head. I then drove it home, about 120 miles. The 4Runner drove back to his tow rig, about 40 miles. No problems with the hubs "free".

I'm just glad it didn't occur at Uwharrie!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Dude, that looked like a fun expedition style trip. Those are a TRUE test of a vehicle because you are so far away from everything. Much props on making it there and back (in 2wd!?).
Wish I could wheel with you guys. :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
Looks great. Let me know if you decide to that one again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.