Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while i was driving, i heard a familiar sound that happen before. The sparkplug was broke, their were no ceramic left on the sparkplug. I had the head rebuilt two weeks ago and they had to put a heli core in the #2 sparkplug hole on the 2.6 $17.50 extra!!. one week later the sparkplug came out with the helicore intact, so i tried to put it back on and all it did was rotate. I called the machine shop and they said to BUY another helicore and use some locktite on the helicore and antisieze on the sparkplug threads. I followed directions withe the locktite (wait 24 hours). Today it done it again, so now three options, put another helicore in, -2 get a TIME-CERT somewhere who puts them in, -3 buy another head. I just got this head rebuilt for $353.50, i dont want to fork out another $400+ on a new head, I just got this one worked on, thats $353.50 down the drain. Anybody has a good idea about this? Im calling that machine shop tommorow and raising hell, first ill ask about their warranty "If they have one"....... What a mess. :evil:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
http://www.timesert.com/

Well, that's what they look like anyway Like you said, I'd start with the machine shop that put in the helicoil. While you're raising hell with them, see if they know anything about the timesert fix. Sounds like they may of overbored the hole a tad. If so, you might get them to stand be-hind it & do it over. Luck with it.

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.