Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my story...

I was 17 years old. Just graduated from HS and my mom decides she doesnt want to come back home after our vacation in NY and WA. I had good paying job offer as a computer tech, so I decided to go back home.
Sold my Heep Queerokee, and inherited my moms stock 2001 Isuzu Rodeo, paid off and insurance for another year. The Rodeo was actually the "family" car since new. Lots of good high school memories in it.
In the prior year, the truck was retired for about 10 months when the transmission quit at around 70,000 miles. I then found this awesome site called "Planetisuzoo.com". I found everything I needed to get the truck up and running again.
I did all the work on the truck since I started wrenching at age 14. I got the remanned trans ordered and got the missing parts thanks to Jerry. I installed it with the help of my uncle and everything was back to normal again. The Rodeo has been great since then. It has never let me down.

After that major repair.... time went by as normal. Then I had a mysterious coolant leak. That renewed my interest in this site that I had forgotten about since I never had anymore problems.
I took care of the whole timing belt package and got the leak solved. Then I decided to stick around on this site. I now had money and I got interested in doing whatever I can possible to get this Rodeo in the best shape possible and to stand out from the rest.
I saw all the other members sweet rides and started getting alot of ideas. I also felt my wallet get thinner after each new mod that I saw. I pretty much replaced alot of parts, within my first year of owneship. Some that NEEDed to be, and stuff I just WANTed.
Bought a bunch of accesories and other stuff to kind of add my personal touches to it. One of my favorite interrior mods is using leds in switches.

Its come along way. Pretty much have it how I want it for now. I like keeping it stock looking. Pending mod is my Detroit Truetrac LSD carrier. All the parts are in my closet, just begging to be installed. That will "probably" be the last mod, and slightly bigger tires right after.

Now time for the pics. I got this thing stock... didnt have any idea that I would be getting into this "mods" kinda thing (Darn you PlanetIsuzoo!) :lol: . Its all been funded by me.. I wasnt born with a silver spoon. (to those that label me a spoiled rich kid.)

Before...

First mod = tint

Fogs and rear spoiler...

Door visors...

Now!

7 months after 2"lift, 5 after new paint job, 1 after new exhaust.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Looks good, definitely a big difference.

·
Registered
144 Posts
just keep it going, im a 18 year old high school student and have learned quiet a bit and can definetely hold my own, welding fab work.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Dae said:
That will "probably" be the last mod,
Sure, right, don't think so, who you BSing, no way ............:lol:

Good job, great story.

shooter

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. I worked hard to get it how it is now and im pleased with how its all turning out.

·
Registered
850 Posts
looks nice...

Hey Dae why does your signature state 2wd but the photo of the rear has a 4wd red emblem on it???

is it 4wd or 2wd ?

either way one nice looking rodeo... 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AZneonguy said:
looks nice...

Hey Dae why does your signature state 2wd but the photo of the rear has a 4wd red emblem on it???

is it 4wd or 2wd ?

either way one nice looking rodeo... 8) 8) 8)
Its a 2WD. The emblem was just for shyts and giggles. I got all new emblems as one kit, for the new paint job. It even came with "LSE" emblem's, but I just left out the "E".
On another note... I think my painters decal dude is crosseyed. He totally made the "Rodeo" emblems about 1/2" an inch lower than the "V6". *Sigh

Anyways... Thanks for the feedback! I actually stole the side body molding idea from your sweet LSE. I was also going to go with the painted mirrors, but I like the contrast.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Adding some pics with the tires that I got back in May. (keeping it all in one thread).

And last but not least.... My custom sticker that I designed in 5 minutes! Gota rep where you came from. :lol: :D 8)

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
NICE! one of my favs. Hey do you still have those rims that are on it in the first couple of pics???

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Looks awesome Dae!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jwood1016 said:
NICE! one of my favs. Hey do you still have those rims that are on it in the first couple of pics???
Nope, Those were from my uncles '01 Pathfinder, he traded it with me cause I had better tires. :roll:

I loved how they looked on the Rodeo, but after I changed my ball joints to Moogs, it started to rub against the inner bead seat of the wheel causing potentially dangerous damage.
The Moog upper BJ housing is taller than stock, causing it to rub, so I swapped the wheels back. Fortunately they had new tires on (karma. Lol). :lol:

When I got my stock wheel's back, they looked like junk due to brake dust. Lucky for me, my painter decided to shoot them for free :D

RamAirZ said:
Looks awesome Dae!
Thanks! :D 8)

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I like the stock wheels better, real clean look to your whole truck

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the stock wheels look better too. They just had so much brake dust caked onto them, that I wanted nothing to do with it.
The pathy wheel's, look good for mall crawler status though, or for when I want some kool aid. They were easier to clean too... :lol:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
haha there ya go

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dae, really enjoyed reading your story. And your Rodeo looks great!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks bek! My Rodeo's been doing just fine, so all that preventative maintenance I did is paying itself off.
The last problem it gave me was a small crack in the radiator, but $100 later and its fixed.

I havent updated this in a while. But when I get a chance i'll update with more pics and a video of my flowmaster exhaust.

Latest mod is my remote start alarm system. All my neighbors were just looking at me funny.
Imagine a 50ft extension cord hanging out of a 2nd story apartment window.
With a guy under his dashboard soldering 26 wires together, in cold WA weather. :shock: :lol:

Heres a most recent pic.

·
Registered
433 Posts
You know, I originally liked the Pathfinder wheels more, but the more I look, the more I do think the Isuzu's make it look cleaner. Good choice on cleaning those up.

Plus, you can't wear Adidas shoes with Nike clothing, it throws the Universe off.

How much did the remote start run you? I've thought hard about it, but I couldn't justify it, our coldest days only run us in the teens and those are few and far between down here.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I do not know why you guys are obsessed with the wheels. When I drive my SUV I cannot see the wheels, anyway. Whatever is rolling is fine.

·
Registered
310 Posts
holger said:
I do not know why you guys are obsessed with the wheels. When I drive my SUV I cannot see the wheels, anyway. Whatever is rolling is fine.
I'm not one of those guys, really. As long as the wheels aren't crap ugly, I'm pretty much okay with them.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Looking good AJ.

Whose black Rodeo is that? Very nice. :wink:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts