Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! Before I make a fool of myself and waste anyone's time, I thought I might explain why I'm here and beg for help and patience.

My 76 y/o dad has an old Pup that breaks down all the time. He bought it a couple of years ago from a friend who bought it from farmer's field then never drove it, so there's no going to him for help. Dad doesn't know anything about Pups or the internet, so I'm the research assistant - and I know squat about mechanics. (Well, I check/fill my fluids & tires .. does that count?)

The current problem is a broken drive something. I can't remember whether he said drivetrain or drive shaft, and he gets testy when I ask him to repeat things. I tried searching Google, but didn't figure out which it would be so ...

Can someone give me a quick lesson on Pup power trains and exactly what questions I need to ask him so we can find what he needs? He's already looked around town & there are very few people with welding experience anymore. The only place that looked on the computer found one in Fresno, but as of yesterday no one was checking to see if they still have it.

WHERE do we look for parts????? (my signature block describes his truck)

That's enough questions for the intro, I guess. Looking forward to learning from y'all!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Welcome to the Planet!! Have your Dad call Jerry Lemond or you can pm him at "jlemond" here on the planet. He is the man to talk to for parts, advice and direction. No one better than Jerry to talk to about Isuzu's.

Leland

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both! I'm already a member so I'll post to Isuzu today, and I'll also get in touch w/Lemond.

We need smilies for 'big hugs' and 'sigh of relief' :D

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,789 Posts
Daddy's Girl said:
Thank you both! I'm already a member so I'll post to Isuzu today, and I'll also get in touch w/Lemond.
Oops, I see. Since July 5. :oops:

Jack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JoeIsuzu said:
Daddy's Girl said:
Oops, I see. Since July 5. :oops:

Jack
NO :oops:! You're a very busy guy! :notworthy: Don't expect you to remember every member, especially when I haven't posted in nearly a year!

Since another kind soul also suggested the diesel group is the best place for this question, I've already sent a note to Jerry, who has already responded. Next task is talk to Dad again.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts