Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fixing to do a lot of work on both my troopers in the next week, including swapping out my auto for a five speed, the rig has cruise control, will the existing cruise unit work with the 5spd? Also in changing out the tranny are there any sensors that need to be changed on the motor anywhere? I know my summer car (95 neon) has differences in a lot of the engine sensors from auto to 5spd models, just wondered if the trooper was anything like that or just plug and go once the mechanical work is taken care of?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
eta145 said:
I am fixing to do a lot of work on both my troopers in the next week, including swapping out my auto for a five speed, the rig has cruise control, will the existing cruise unit work with the 5spd? Also in changing out the tranny are there any sensors that need to be changed on the motor anywhere? I know my summer car (95 neon) has differences in a lot of the engine sensors from auto to 5spd models, just wondered if the trooper was anything like that or just plug and go once the mechanical work is taken care of?
Yes.

My 88 5sp has the factory cruise control.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok does anyone know if the cruise setup for auto's is any different from the units the use for 5 speeds?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts