Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over this past weekend I had to do a bit of driving and I tried to use my cruise control but it wouldn't engage, the light on the button wouldn't come on either. It worked later in the day after Sue, my Rodeo, had a chance to warm up. But it wouldn't work this morning either. I'm starting to think it's temperature related, since it only does it when it's really cold, well cold for upstate SC anyway.

Now I've used the cruise control before and it worked fine, these are the first times I've had trouble. I don't use it a whole lot and it's not really an inconvienience but I am a little curious to know if this is a common thing.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Perhaps due to a vaccuum hose collapsing in the cold weather? I don't know if this would cause the light to fail to illuminate, but worth a try. Also, maybe a loose wiring connection that acts up in the cold.

I believe the cruise control computer is located behind the side-wall kick plate on the passenger side of the vehicle. Take a look to see if any wires have come loose. Also check for loose wiring on the cruise unit itsef, usually under the hood against the firewall, again on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Steve

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
There is no designed temp limit on cruise control, it must be a malfunction. Maybe some water got into the linkage that froze it up until it melted in the warm engine compartment...

As a related note, please be aware that if icy/slippery condition exist, using cruise is a BAD idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.