Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here's my next victim: a 98 DODGE RAM 1500 4x4. It's got the 318 V8, auto, cold AC, and lots of little things that need attention.

The tires are SHOT!!! I mean showing wire! So I bought these beautiful 35x9/r16 CO-OP mudders for it! I hope they at least tuck I'm there until I find a cheap way to lift it!

I also found a new dash bezel on Craigslist to replace the shattered one in there now. AND....I ordered new parking light/signal lenses for it too.

Will this be a worthy replacement for EL CHEAPOCABRA?? STAY TUNED!!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Gonna be a beaster.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I don't know much about dodges at all. Do those have a solid front axle? What kind of axles does it have?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
CREEPER said:
stusvend said:
I don't know much about dodges at all. Do those have a solid front axle? What kind of axles does it have?
All I know is that it's supposed to be a Dana 44. Wait, it has coil springs, so it would have to be IFS right?
Not necessarily. 2nd gen troopers for instance have coils over their solid rear axles. Newer jeeps have coils over their front. Coils flex more too. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stusvend said:
CREEPER said:
stusvend said:
All I know is that it's supposed to be a Dana 44. Wait, it has coil springs, so it would have to be IFS right?
Not necessarily. 2nd gen troopers for instance have coils over their solid rear axles. Newer jeeps have coils over their front. Coils flex more too. :twisted:
Now I feel like an idiot for being an "off road enthusiast" who didnt even look at the front end. [CREEPER HANGS HIS HEAD IN SHAME].....but then again, it's not an isuzu, so I'm not sure I even cared! Lol! But for the sake of knowledge, I'll look at it when I get back home!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Selador said:
I think you had it right in the title... MONSTROSITY

Hurry up and get rid of this, and get back to isuzus. LOL
You're gonna love this:

It's a 2006 isuzu ___________.... We don't know what it is, could be an NPR.... but either way, he needed my dodge PLUS $9600 for it!!!! WOW!!! I'm a "low buck" kind of guy, so yeah, NO!!

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
CREEPER said:
You're gonna love this:
It's a 2006 isuzu ___________.... We don't know what it is, could be an NPR.... but either way, he needed my dodge PLUS $9600 for it!!!! WOW!!! I'm a "low buck" kind of guy, so yeah, NO!!
Dang !! That's less than ten thousand miles per year.

I'm with you on the price, though. If I had 9600 dollars laying around, I'd pay off all my big bills, and still have enough left over to buy a good running spacecab pup. (And that's exactly what I would do with it too ! LOL)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Probably not really an isuzu. Probably a rebadged GM like an ascender

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Selador said:
CREEPER said:
Heres another trade offer:

95 GMC sierra 1500 2wd. Recently rebuilt TBI 305, manual trans. VERY straight body and nice paint.
Might have been interesting if it had been 4wd.
Agreed. But, ultimately it comes down to resale. I can't get $2000 for the dodge as is. It's my opinion that the many cosmetic issues are scaring every one away. I bet I could get more for that GMC!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
CREEPER said:
stusvend said:
No, should be a solid axle. Resealing them is kind of a b1tch. You have to pull the cover and drop out the differential carrier then there's another seal on the actuator side that requires a bit of handy work with some all thread and a slide hammer.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
CREEPER said:
Gizmo42 said:
I like that first gen "I'm a truck" body style much more then the body styles after that.
Me too! I remember when this body style came out. It was pretty darn controversial! There was no middle ground; either they loved it or HATED it!
If you are a man, you liked it. If you are a girly-girl, you didn't. Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CatFuzz said:
CREEPER said:
Gizmo42 said:
I like that first gen "I'm a truck" body style much more then the body styles after that.
Me too! I remember when this body style came out. It was pretty darn controversial! There was no middle ground; either they loved it or HATED it!
If you are a man, you liked it. If you are a girly-girl, you didn't. Nuff said.
Oh I agree! I like the truck! And if I could do a manual trans swap cheaply, I'd prolly keep it! But that's Almost impossible from what I've read!

I have these day dreams where I have a "mission to accomplish". I have the dodge towing an 85-86 two door trooper. I travel and travel until I finally reach a place where the oversized dodge can go no further. I unhook the trooper, air down the 33's and save the day!!! ......I am the only one that's had that dream? Cmon!! I know I can't be!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts