Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats all envolved with removing the oil pan on a Auto 93 V6 Rodeo? Crank sensor broke off in the block. Tried drilling it, using a screw in it, whole bunch of p.b blaster and it wont budge. Will I be able to push it out from the bottom end side with the pan off? Anyone have pictures of the crankcase with the pan off?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Started working on the car today. Got all the tie rod nuts off the car. Only one stripped on the way out "Nut" section only. Tried using a nut and a hammer to separate the tie rod, of course that didnt work after 2 hours lol fail :lol: . Went to Northern Tool and bought a tie rod fork, got home and torn the tie rod boot. REALLY!!! Tir rod fork was heavly gouged up. Cleaned if off and went back to the tool shop. Got there and told them it was too small ;) and exchanged it for the clamp style that has the bolt going through it. Got home and managed to get all the tie rods off. :mrgreen: . Cant get the tool to slide onto the arm that goes from one side to the other "between both pitmans" guess its call a draglink or idler arm. Do I need to remove the pitman arms too? Dont see why cause once the arm is off you can turn the pitmans towards both wheel wells so the upper diff mount bolts will pass by them. This is so confusing. :?:

Once the steering is out of the way and I remove the four bolts from the diff flange will the diff housing just slip out of the axles or?

Sorry for the long typing, head still hurts from drilling the crankshaft sensor. The drill extension broke and I had all my weight on it. Once it broke I fell into the wheel well and hit my head on those bolts that come through the engine bay. Yea it was bloody!!! :blackeye:

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The diff support brackets will come off with the CV shafts. You just have to snake em out of there or leave them in place if they aren't in the way.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lowered the front diff about 5 inches. Its currently sitting on the control arms. Looks like there is enough room to pull the pan. Just dont see hot to get the one bolt thats above the sump and under the starter. My oil pan is a one piece unlike some of the other ones I have seen. Didnt remove the center link from the pitman arm, didnt even remove the pit man arm. Once you unbolt the passenger pitman arm 4 bolts and remove the sway bar from the car you can turn the drivers side pitman arm towards the oil filter and rotate the whole center liok to the front of the car. That makes the whole piece get out of the way of the front diff mount bracket nut. Have a scissor jack under the center link to take the weight off of the section that goes into the steering box pitman arm.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey i have the same problem where my crankshaft sensor broke off inside the block i have tried everything do you think you can lend me some insight?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts