Isuzu SUV Forum banner
2581 - 2600 of 2610 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
There isn't an ad on Craigslist for this, but I saw it driving by. It's a 2000 Trooper 5-speed. I took some pictures with the contact number in case anyone is interested. I don't know this person and haven't called the number so I know nothing about this.

There are lots of small dents all over, but body appears pretty straight otherwise. I'd call it hail sized dents, but it's not hail, not all of it anyway.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Here's a treasure-trove of Gen I Trooper parts in Tacoma:

condition: excellent
make / manufacturer:
Isuzu/Chevy
model name / number: 2.8 V6

Pulled the motor, trans and transfer case from my 1990 Isuzu Trooper. It has 134K miles on it. New motor mounts, new cap and rotor (original was damaged pulling this all out) ready to be picked up. I have a cherry picker so would be easy to load up and go. Motor does not leak and runs strong.

Also have many, many more Isuzu Trooper parts. Have decided to do a full part-out and have enough parts to build two Troopers. All of it needs to go.

Edit: The guy had another ad with a list of parts:

General list:
4 1989 LS Brown doors (front and rear) each with glass, armrest, latch and window knob - $100 each
2 1989 Brown LS hatch doors (one has small dent) all glass intact and doesn't leak - $150 both
3 1990 White doors (passenger front and both rear) with glass, armrest, latch and window knob - $100 each
2 1990 White hatch doors all glass intact and doesn't leak - $200 both
2 1989 LS front seats with armrests installed and no damage - $100 each
1 1989 LS rear seat that reclines - $150
2 1990 Front seats without arm rests - $100 each
1990 V6 rear axle with brakes and hubs - $250
1989 Isuzu Trooper Shell (will come with above mentioned doors, hatch and seats) with clean title $800
1989 Trooper 4cyl ECU - $75
1989 gauge cluster - $85
1990 gauge cluster $85
1990 Door cards - $150
1989 Door cards - $75

I'm sure I many parts I'm missing. In a perfect world, someone could buy everything including the 33x12.5 15 wheels and tires that are new for $3,000. All that's needed is to move the v6 2.8 setup I also have listed into the engine bay, connect everything and drive it. For $3300 you'd get the box full of MOOG parts to rebuild the front suspension. I will be calling suspension.com to see if I can return all that stuff either way.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Another 5-speed Trooper in the Denver area for a decent price. Listed for $1,800 when I posted here.

This vehicle runs an drives great! Just got fresh oil change! There is a little damage on front left side bumper. It has 4wd and is a 5 speed! Also has tow hitch. Looking to trade for an Automatic vehicle it was for my brother but not a fan or manual. Bought from a mechanic that took very good care of it! It shifts smooth an 4WD is strong! Asking 1800 obo. Willing to trade for a good running automatic vehicle.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Posted today:

'88 Isuzu Trooper - $500 (Clinton, WA)
condition: fair
cylinders: other
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 212000
paint color: red
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type:
wagon

'88 four door Isuzu Trooper, 5 spd, no engine (was a 2.6). Not running, must trailer, interior aged but body is good and largely straight with no/little rust. Would be good for an off road project. I intended to get it running for the street but health interfered. Old 2.6 engine had blown head gasket and is out of the truck, free if you want it. Clear title. Email me. No pics right now.

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
512 Posts

Too bad there's no photos, but a supercharged manual 98 trooper with lots of quality upgrades. MP90 supercharger, heavy duty torsion bars, ARB TPMS, 33" KO2's, manual hubs etc. $4k is a great deal if the body is clean and there's no mechanical issues.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts

Too bad there's no photos, but a supercharged manual 98 trooper with lots of quality upgrades. MP90 supercharger, heavy duty torsion bars, ARB TPMS, 33" KO2's, manual hubs etc. $4k is a great deal if the body is clean and there's no mechanical issues.
Somebody better snap that up!

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
512 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
That's a beautiful rig and it looks like it was done right. Should go really well off-road but it's almost too nice to do that to it!

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
2002 Isuzu Trooper - $1,100 (wenatchee)

Pretty good deal if the exhaust is the only problem. Especially if the automatic transmission is working! 126,000, low miles.

clean title
4x4
126k miles
fresh fluids
runs and drives
automatic
runs and drives very well.
needs exhaust work (very loud)
360 550 1191

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
I posted mine yesterday... reluctantly...

Reactions: paulevans76

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Maybe someone could get a good deal on this Trooper?

I have a 1989 Isuzu trooper project for sale.
This trooper has minimal rust (what you see in the pictures is it) and is a rare factory color.
Needs a transmission - 5 speed manual
I have various parts that go with the truck, a new clutch kit, shocks, engine mounts, windshield gasket, front pumpkin with 4/10 gearing to name a few there is more.
The troopers original owners were from Colorado Springs.
The trooper was running when I purchased it a few years back but like I said it needs a transmission. It will need to be towed. I had good intentions for this trooper but plans have changed and now it is time to move it along to someone who will put it to good use. I am looking for cash offers. I am not in a rush or hard pressed to sell.
Email if interested. Cash only in person.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Saw this on Craigslist today, not mine, out on 'Long Guylund.'

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Here's a deal on a non-running Vehicross, they'll even throw in a 5.3 Chevy LS engine! $1500, Yelm, WA.

2001 Isuzu Vehicross Clean title in hand, NON RUNNING, rod knock. Car sat on a farm, rust in the trunk. No leaks. Have spare 5.3LS to go with. Recaro seats, 4x4, have spare parts to go with for full price. Willing to make deal because I want to make space for pre existing projects.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,384 Posts
This 89 showed up on todays Dallas CL. IN Texas but with a California plate. Seems there's a V6 emblem on front fender. Looks fairly clean. Not mine, just posting for any interested member.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Plant Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
10,133 Posts
At 4 grand, That's a steal. Dennis

2581 - 2600 of 2610 Posts