Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, first post here. This site is awesome! :D

I just picked up a 1993 rodeo V6 4x4 in good condition. I was wondering is there is any thing I should know/problems with these trucks right off the bat?

I will running the the rodeo offroad and have started to look into lift and tire combos, I would like to run 32x11.5 or 33x 11.5's on those cheap steel rockcrawler rims. can i fit that size with a 3" suspension lift, no rubbing, what back space is needed?

not sure who to buy lift from also, should i go darlington or idependent4x?

I also like the calmini front winch bumper and the independent4x rear steel bumper. (anyone run these/quality? alot of $)

any info would be great. I want to do this thing up right the first time, money is tight, but this isuzu needs to be able to take a beating! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the Planet :D

but this isuzu needs to be able to take a beating!
Now that's what I like to hear. Rodeos can take a lickin' and keep on Ticking. Sometimes quite literally :lol:

I would like to run 32x11.5 or 33x 11.5's on those cheap steel rockcrawler rims. can i fit that size with a 3" suspension lift, no rubbing, what back space is needed?
For that tire, I would go with a 15x8 rim with 3.75" BS. You should need minimal trimming, if any to clear the 32's with a 3" lift. Maybe a little more for the 33's.

not sure who to buy lift from also, should i go darlington or idependent4x?
You really can't go wrong with either one. Personally, I like the Darlington spring upgrades over add-a-leaves. A little more expensive, but great ride.

I also like the calmini front winch bumper and the independent4x rear steel bumper. (anyone run these/quality? alot of $)
I'm not sure if the Calmini bumper is still available. They don't seem to be putting a lot of effort into building anything for Isuzu's if they don't have it sitting on the shelf. Darlington makes a nice winch bumper for the Rodeo.

Have fun with that Rodeo!

Andre

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Planet

Quote:
but this isuzu needs to be able to take a beating!

Now that's what I like to hear. Rodeos can take a lickin' and keep on Ticking. Sometimes quite literally
thanks for the reply!

for the first time ever I got something for free, the rodeo. it was given to me by my cousin who bought a new car. I already have a daily driver so the rodeo will be basically only used for off-road and to pull my dirtbike trailer around on sundays. so I can have a little freedom to not worry about getting to work all week if I break while out wheeling.

thanks for the heads up on the calmini bumper I will call and get info on that....I need that bumper!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I got one of Matts (independent4x) rear bumpers on my trooper excellent quality and very strong, you can either weld it on or bollt it on. Don

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I talked to calmini and they don't make the bumper anymore due to lack of interest....bummer :roll:

so if I get my bonus from work in two weeks the plan is ..

independent4x rear steel bumper, ball joint spacers bumpstops and pro-comp shocks

rockcrawler 15/8 black rims and some kind of 32x11.5 tire (bfg mud t/a or goodyear wrangler mud t/a or ?)

darlington winch bumper, springz and shackles and maybe ub skidders.

(now on darlingtons site it says while listed separately the springz give 1.5 inch lift and shackle gives 1.5= 3inch total,
but the springz and shackle COMBo listed says 2 in total lift? I dont get it, misprint maybe?)

or should I dump the isuzu for like 1500 and get something else to build up for wheelin?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
or should I dump the isuzu for like 1500 and get something else to build up for wheelin?
Personally, I think you'd be hard pressed to get half the truck for twice that price if you traded it in. Also, you will probably find that most trucks are more difficult and expensive to lift. Personally, I wouldn't trade mine :D

Your parts list is very impressive. You should have quite a formatable rig with those mods. Not to mention a unique one.

(now on darlingtons site it says while listed separately the springz give 1.5 inch lift and shackle gives 1.5= 3inch total,
but the springz and shackle COMBo listed says 2 in total lift? I dont get it, misprint maybe?)
I think that may be a misprint. The spring and shackle combo should give you at least 3". There may be shorter shackles in that combo. I would call and talk to Joe Darlington when you order rather than just doing it on-line. Joe knows Rodeos 8)

Andre

1 - 6 of 6 Posts