Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green Kentucky. One corvette that stood out for me was this one! It was a test car. Its final journey was to recreate the drive along the NW passage by a corvette in 1976. It made the netire trip without a flat tire. Rocks had peppered the paint and windshield pretty good. (car was repainted before coming to museum) I thought it looked pretty good with the roof rack! The sideways mounted Yakima rack is a good idea! Mounts gave me a bit of inspiration as well. Thought I'd share.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/ar ... ge-feature

·
Registered
676 Posts
That is pretty awesome! Especially in a Vette. I've always liked those cars, but this one is epic!

Cool post Joe.

-Robert

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Cool, I like that museum. I hope you took the assembly plant tour as well. Very impressive.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Kinda sucks that they painted it and took away that particular badge of honor and accomplishment.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Missed the factory tour due to time constraints, next time though! They had a couple really sinister looking all blacked out Grand Sports waiting on customer pickup. (you can take delivery at the museum) They looked really cool! If only I had 80 grand that I had nothing else to do with...........

According to the article, the area behind the front fenders was chewed up so bad from the rocks, the fiberglass strands were showing. Guess they wanted it presentable but I'm with you on preserving the damage.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Do they still have Roy Orbison's '67 big block convertable on display there? it was last time I was there a couple of years back. Factory aluminum sidepipes on it. Sweet machine.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it was still there. They also had a really nice Black with red stripe 427 in the same vintage. It had some other rare options and is thought to be only 1 of 1 produced. Was cherry! They actually had a lot of nice rare vettes throughout. Well worth the price of admission if you're a car guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts