Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting missfires so I've decided to replace my spark plugs (which weren't the ion sensing type). I got some NGK Iridium from Autozone (5464) for about $6-7 a piece. He said it was recommended.

Do these have the sensor required? The guy I was talking to didn't even know what I was talking about /facepalm.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Ion sensing doesn't require any sort of special plug.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
They do act as a sensor but it's only reading the resistance across the electrode gap, IIRC. Some here will swear that only certain plugs will do. Others say any plug should work. I don't know for sure. I don't have ion sensing on my 99. That's a 2000+ feature.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
The operation of an Ion Sensing ignition system as described above is not technically correct, read this tutorial:
http://delphi.com/manufacturers/auto/po ... s/ionized/
Isuzu's use the Delphi system.

I use Autolite AP3924 single platinum plugs in my Ion Sense ignition vehicles and they perform properly. The Isuzu 99 - 02 service manual recommends these plugs:

K16PR-P11 (3293) Denso single platinum
RC10PYP4 (7346) Champion double platinum
PK16PR11 (3624) Denso double platinum

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Thanks for the post buster, I'll correct my old post. I guess I was misinformed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.