Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, it has been a bit since the last time i posted on the planet. the front end of the trooper has been gernaded for about 1.5 years...anyhow, i bit the bullet and took the truck to the shop and ordered the third member i needed fron indy4x so i could finaly get the aussie that has been in my closet installed. One of my cvs was toast so while they are in the front diff we are putting in new axels on both sides. The axels are cheap (65.00) but the core charge is $100.00...wow, when did the core charge on an axel get so expencive? That was my beer money!

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
When recycling became a big issue. They want to make sure you give them the old ones so they can be rebuilt or recycled. I got some anti sway bars from the local pull and pay after I snapped both of mine and even they had core charges on them. I was gonna toss the old ones in the steel recycle bin at work but instead I had to waste gas driving back to pull and pay so I could get my core charge back.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Yep, they really want those cores back. The pull and save in my town also charges core charges on most parts. Keeps the old parts out of the garbage can and to a recycler.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I just ordered a "new" CV axle assembly from O'Reilly's for $65, no core charge and it's all new components. It was only available without the inner housing but that was not the part that's messed up on mine.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Totally new parts usually don't have a core charge because they don't need your old one for rebuilding. The recyclers charge core charges even on used parts because they want that scrap metal to sell or some sell the cores to rebuilders.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am no stranger to the charge, it is just not usually $200 for $130 worth of parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts