Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My 1989 2.6 truck has a code 14 for a coolant temp sensor and hard start. I’ve replaced the sensor checked the harness wiring and it all checks out resistance wise, same with the sensor. It’s not getting enough fuel when cold starting, when it’s up to temp it’ll start up okay. I recently did a manual swap on the truck and still have the auto ECU if that makes a difference but I think it started after I did so. Anyone have this problem before or have an idea for solutions I couldn’t find anything with a solution on the forum

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Did you swap the ECU when you did the tranny conversion? I did an automatic to manual on a 2.8 Trooper and it didn't matter. I do remember something about the Aisin automatics (4 cylinder automatic Troopers, and I would guess pickups too - they NEVER made an automatic 4 cylinder first gen Rodeo). Anyway, there was something in the Aisin auto trannys the did use engine coolant temperature for transmission control. Dennis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn’t but I believe that might be part of the problem. I have a manual ecu but then I have to figure out how to wire a clutch safety switch to it. Or bypass it

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
IIRC the clutch safety is only a 12 volt switch on the top of the clutch pedal. Don't recall it having anything to do with the ECM. Dennis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts