Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 Trooper that has a coolant leak coming from a hose that seems to be crimped into a banjo nut. I cant seem to find a diagram any where to explain where the hose comes from and as best I can figure it goes to the power steering pump. I Need to replace it but I have no idea what the part would be called. any help would be great. here is a picture that might help.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Looks like the power steering hose to me. Even autozone should be able to get you one. Replacement isn't too bad but you will probably need a crows-foot wrench to get the lower nut off. It mounts to a bracket down near the bottom of the radiator. If you can loosen that nut without the crow's foot wrench, the rest isn't too hard.

-Tad

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
RedRanger said:
do I need to drain the radiator?
No because if that is where it is leaking it is power steeringfluid you are seeing. Are you sure it is coolant you are seeing leak? If so then (no offense Tad) it isn't the hose to the power steering pump. Need either a better/closer pic or some certainty as to if it is coolant or power steering fluid.

If it is power steering fluid you may be able to get by with tightening the banjo fitting but like Tad says likely as well to just change it as is likely the hose itself that is leaking.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same problem.. that is the high pressure PS hose. Don't take this the wrong way but coolant is green and the PS fluid is reddish brown... big difference if one is leaking vs the other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts