Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of installing the Calmini 3" lift on my '01 rodeo sport. Everything has gone fairly easily until i got to the control arm bushings. Is there any way to remove them without paying someone to machine press it off. The review of the lift at 4x4 wire says it can be installed with basic tools.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Some people have been able to pop them out with hand tools, but I never have. I usually pull the arm and take it to the shop. One of these days I'll get a press.

Andre

·
Registered
825 Posts
I brought mine to a shop.. He described the proceedure they resorted to to me... They used a press that looks kinda like a C-clamp- but is driven by an impact wrench. to get the outer sleeve off... they had to cut/machine off the smaller sleeve off of the bolt... Unless it's really new. I see now way you could swap your bushings without taking it to a shop.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just had mine done. My truck is from Virginia and all parts seem to be nicely rusted which has been a pain for me. Even if I had a 20ton H press, I do not think I could have done them on my own. My guy used an air chisel to chip off the old bushing and cut some on the bushing sleeves. even then, his H press had a time of it until suddenly, BAM, echoing through the shop... It gave loose with a heavy fight.

I plan on installing my control arms Saturday morning.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i finally decided to cut the control arm to get the pivot pin out. the bushings still won't move even without the pin in there. Now after all that i'm having trouble getting the new control arm assembled. Is there a trick to getting the bushings in that i'm just not seeing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.