Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about getting another Rodeo. Somewhere in the '00 and up range. Just like last time I want a 2wd and im gonna make a street/show/DD out of it.

I'd build it up just like my '98 minus the body lift, snorkel, ARB, etc. Just a lift, tires, and gears. Thats' actually where I wanted to go with my '98 but I went crazy with it.

Here's what I want to do.

1. 9" - 10" lift
2. 36" Iroks
3. 4.78 gears
4. Air intake
5. Tinted windows

Nothing crazy. If I do it'll be a white one, that would look awesome.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
What happened to the Red Vauxhall?

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sold it. :cry:

Im still kicking myself in the butt for selling, but at the time I was having to drive alot and I really wanted a Honda. Now I have a Honda, im considering building another Rodeo.

The Army. :lol:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
glad to see taxpayer dollars going into Zu's! :lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
95Rodeo4x4 said:
Me too. Doesn't that mean we should be able to come drive your monster Zu?! :)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
enigma said:
95Rodeo4x4 said:
Me too. Doesn't that mean we should be able to come drive your monster Zu?! :)
You sir, have a brilliant mind! :lol: :twisted:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Negative ghostrider the pattern is full, lol.

In our defense we don't get paid enough for what we do. Our lives are on the line every day.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
black98Rodeo said:
Negative ghostrider the pattern is full, lol.

In our defense we don't get paid enough for what we do. Our lives are on the line every day.
I agree.

·
Registered
179 Posts
black98Rodeo said:
Agree. I've got a brother-in-law in Iraq now for the 3rd time and I had a friend die over there.

Still, I bet its fun driving that thing - up so high!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear about your friend. We lost one last Monday in Afghanistan, a brother in arms. His body will be here tomorrow morning.

It's a blast to drive, if I can keep it from messing up. It's always something.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RodeoRed said:
ummmm.....why?

if you're building it the exact same, whats the point - just drive the black one.
Because it's a free damn country.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Dude, get a 4x4 and i'll swap all my 2WD parts over. Its a win-win! :lol:

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I loved the burgandy one you had...something about being partial to that color :p

Funny thing is, you've chosen the same exact two colors of rodeo's that I had as well; my first 91 rodeo XS was black, the 97 is burgandy.

Are you partial to the newer years?

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea, I'm extremely in love with the 2nd gens. I don't want the 3.5, so I'm gonna look for a '00 - '02.

White is my favorite color, but black looks awesome when it's clean, lol.

If I can't find a white one I'll settle for silver or something of a lighter color.

My '00 was a gorgeous truck and it rode and handled like a dream. Believe it or not it almost got the Thailand lift. I decided not to lift that one as high because the '98 was already regeared. I still kick myself in the butt for selling it.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RodeoRed said:
ummmm.....why?

if you're building it the exact same, whats the point - just drive the black one.
I'll elaborate a little more on this. I was in a hurry when i posted that so i'll go more into detail.

If you re-read what I said in my first post, they aren't going to be the same. They will have there differences.

This one will stay 2wd, no point in having 2 4wds because so far my '98 has been in 4wd 3 times in what? 2 months? And that was only because I was testing it.

My new one will be more of a show truck and sometimes a DD. It probably will be just as tall if not taller, knowing how I am, but it won't have near as much weight on it.

I would have kept my '00 but the way gas was getting i needed to get a more economical vehicle. Before i contradict myself by saying I want to DD a huge Rodeo, it won't be an everyday vehicle, I have my Civic for that.

Basically it's just another toy that I can work on. Everyone of us on here like working on our trucks and when you get tired of working on the same one/finish it, you want something else to work on.

I'll have the best of all three worlds.

Trail Riding truck
A "Bro truck" :lol:
And my blinging Civic

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
black98 - you don't have to explain your reasoning....you're very entitled to whatever you chose to own, purchase, etc.

The same above question could be asked to people who purchase more then 1 TV per household; multiple computers; etc.

Just as I'm sure my family looks at me a little strange too; as I own 3 trucks and a minivan, 2 of those trucks get drove twice a month, minivan goes 2-3 times a week.....you can guess which one gets better mpg.

However all are paid for and run great; I'd be foolish to get rid of any of them, as one covers for the other if there is an issue, and there are 3 drivers in the household.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
bro truck!!!!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.