Reactions: shaggydoink

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Very cool :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
That is cool! I'm still documenting how to get to the Tradepost and back in the dark without getting lost.

Just read Jon's review. Very well done...no surprise there.

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,175 Posts
Just saw this. Really nice presentation and will keep our Isuzu's in the public's eye for a long time. Congrats, a job well done.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
My sincere thanks to everyone! I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to contribute to the project, and would welcome any input or suggestions you all have as I know the history of the trails extends quite beyond my own in many of your cases. Post up here, PM or email me... if you've got something that will make these write-ups better, I'd love to hear from you. :thumbup:

Shaggy

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I have an old map of Uwharrie somewhere.
Lots of trails on there that don't exist anymore and lots that simply dead end.
You may recall, or didn't know, i used to live across from the outpost with my exGF. She grew up in MoCo and
tells me when she was a teenager that Mullinix road was really rough dirt/gravel and the 'trails' were for atvs, dirtbikes, jeeps, hunters and had nowhere near as much traffic as they do now.
There was plenty of drinkin and ridin back then and bonfires in the woods and nobody bothered ya.
Jonathan, remind me sometime to dig up the old map I have, print it and share.

·
Registered
28 Posts
AWESOME SHAGGY!!!!

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shaggy is amazing. He is working on shack and has time for this.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
SAS said:
Sawmill video is up, looking forward to the trail guide on this one and more in the near future!
Just went live after I made your suggested edits!

http://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/1509-sawmill-tr93

Falls Dam is on deck next, followed by Rocky Mountain Loop - these are all ones I've been able to do completely solo, hence them coming first. The three "D" trails I'll need to run with some company in order to get good photos, might be looking for a volunteer at the fall gathering if I'm not able to get them tackled before then.

Shaggy

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
If my rig is ready and rolling (big IF there) I should be there and I'll be happy to help out. Anything to spend more time on the trail!

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow. You are productive.

·
Registered
721 Posts
This is SO COOL!

·