Pioneer head unit
Uniden 520 cb w/PA
K&n drop in
3" gas tank lift
dual 2" into single 2.5" - 2.5" flowmaster 40 series

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Cool !!! I'm glad he won !!! :) That was the year trooper I had... !!! If the clutch I put in wouldn't have givin me all the trouble a most likely would've kept it.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
bradzuzu said:
Cool !!! I'm glad he won !!! :) That was the year trooper I had... !!! If the clutch I put in wouldn't have givin me all the trouble a most likely would've kept it.
This one is an automatic.

Congrats Issac. You are dedicated to that Trooper. especially after it tried wheeling on its head.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
You deserved it! Congrats on all the hard work and time invested on the trooper :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
nice looking truck!

and a side note on the sliders u never want to put them close to the body or the frame cuz if they do bend u might not be able to open the door hahaha hapend to my toyota friend hahaha

·
Registered
359 Posts
Bikesrcool said:
nice looking truck!

and a side note on the sliders u never want to put them close to the body or the frame cuz if they do bend u might not be able to open the door hahaha hapend to my toyota friend hahaha
Oh snap! You're still here? Isuzu troll lives on... I thought I ran over that thing the other night.
As far as the sliders are concerned, they have outlived a trail truck, and are living their life on a second. They have proven themselves countless times.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Hmm!! True colors showing a tad.... I put my new ones straight out from the frame for two reasons... Act as a step , and in the event I ever did bend one (never say never) I gave myself a croumple zone !! Advise is good,even when you think you've heard it all... Sorry but your little response sparks a rise in me...

·
Registered
359 Posts
My sliders are made of 1/4" steel bolted to plates that are welded to the frame. The only time I've managed to bend them was when me truck was on it's roof. We ran my buddies winch line through a snatch block hooked to a tree next to my truck down around the top (bottom) of my truck to the sliders to help pull it back. They bent from that pull. I realize the frame moves considerably in respect to the body.

·
Registered
359 Posts
bradzuzu said:
Hmm!! True colors showing a tad.... I put my new ones straight out from the frame for two reasons... Act as a step , and in the event I ever did bend one (never say never) I gave myself a croumple zone !! Advise is good,even when you think you've heard it all... Sorry but your little response sparks a rise in me...
I know. I just like to mess with this kid a little.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
otg94 said:
My sliders are made of 1/4" steel bolted to plates that are welded to the frame. The only time I've managed to bend them was when me truck was on it's roof. We ran my buddies winch line through a snatch block hooked to a tree next to my truck down around the top (bottom) of my truck to the sliders to help pull it back. They bent from that pull. I realize the frame moves considerably in respect to the body.
1/4inch DOM? so u payed 200 dollars for 10 feet? if its not dom ur lieing cuz eletric weld tube only goes to 120.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
The tubing .140 wall thickness. My nerf bars are 1/4 wall 2x4 seamed. The mount stock is 2x2 1/4 with angle iron attaching to the frame to displace the surface of the leverage/force...

I built my buggy out of .095 and .120 wall tubing.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
bradzuzu said:
The tubing .140 wall thickness. My nerf bars are 1/4 wall 2x4 seamed. The mount stock is 2x2 1/4 with angle iron attaching to the frame to displace the surface of the leverage/force...

are u talking box tube??? im talking round tube

·
Registered
359 Posts
bradzuzu said:

You're buggy is dope! The next tool I need in my shop is a tubing bender. I plan on making one. I'll have to find a hydrolic ram and have a die cut. I recently saw a buddies home brew 8 ft long hydrolic 2.5" bender. It was nuts!
Eventually I would like to make a tube buggy with mog axles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts