Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted in here trying to get help in getting my a/c system up and running. Thanks to atfdmike and a the replies I have nice cool air blowing finally! Just in time for the summer!

The only problem now is my condenser fan isn't running. I checked the fuse box under the hood and the relay for it is missing.. I put one in but it still doesn't engage.

Is there a sensor that tells the fan when to engage or should it be on whenever the system is on? I'm afraid to run my a/c without the fan working, just in case...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just wanted to say Hi to another Okie.....

Sorry no clue on your A/C question, but I'm sure someone will chime in...

There seems to be a growing number of members on here from Oklahoma.....

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
When the air conditioning is On, the triple pressure switch senses the refrigerant pressure, and activates the condenser fan to improve the cooling capacity of the condenser when the refrigerant pressure exceeds a set pressure value. The switch is open below 1078 +/- 118 kpa and closed 1471 +/- 98 kpa

·
Registered
454 Posts
Disconnect condensor fan switch and run jumper wires to the battey - one wire to + and one to -

If the fan runs jumpered the fan motor is defective.

Some are designed with easy-to-replace motors.

In many cases - the replacement part is a whole new fan/motor/bracket assembly.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only ran the a/c for a few minutes. Are you saying I just didn't give it enough time to turn on yet?

Also, you said if it runs when I jump it, it SHOULD be replaced?

Would it ruin the compressor if I ran the system without the condenser fan?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes - that's what I said.

Editing my last comment - brain fart - got the condensor fan mixed up with the radiator fan.

Refrigerant converts to a liguid state going thru the condensor. It's here that the heat accumulated from inside the car is shed to the outside. The condensor fan helps to cool the refrigerant in the condensor - enabling it to return to a gaseous state further down the line.

If you have no condensor fan - I'd bet your a/c system is not cooling all that well and cetainly even less so in stop-n-go traffic.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I seem to be having the same issue....sometimes the fan runs and the a/c comp kicks on and sometimes it dont. They seem to be related in blowing cold air, if the condensor fan isnt running neither is the compressor. I also posted a thread here, im totally at a loss for what to do. Im tired of having a/c one day and not the next :(

1995 Rodeo V6 LS

·
Registered
320 Posts
JamtheMan1987 said:
so why would it be defective if motor runs with direct power and could it be spliced in with the compressor so will run when compressor does
It wouldn't be. But I'll bet it won't run with direct power. Every nonworking electric fan I've dealt with turned out to be a bad motor.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If it's a working motor, I think it will probably overload that circuit.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If that's what you want to do, be sure to put an inline fuse close to the battery.
Probably be okay until the first time you forget to turn it off and it runs the battery down.
And you probably won't find a key switched power source that will handle the additional load of that fan.
If it was me, I'd find the problem and fix it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
What does your fan look like I may have one that will fit it. Take a picture and post it. If you want to just text it to me pm me and I will give you my number.

·
Registered
31 Posts
and its weird the other day a friend of mine came over and I was telling him that it didn't work and he got in to start it and couldn't get it not to work. also there is a blue light in the ac button inside and will light up every once in a while but compressor engages regardless but I didn't see if the fan was on or not.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The one I have is off a 02 trooper 3.5. It was mounted on the front of the condenser and is about 12in give or take square.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
we have the same problem.
condenser fan isn't running. I checked the fuse box under the hood and the relay all working
Is there a sensor that tells the fan when to engage or should it be on whenever the system is on? I'm afraid to run my a/c without the fan working, just in case...
Hi i have the same problem condenser fan isn't running.
Is there a sensor that tells the fan when to engage or should it be on whenever the system is on? I'm afraid to run my a/c without the fan working, just in case
A while back I posted in here trying to get help in getting my a/c system up and running. Thanks to atfdmike and a the replies I have nice cool air blowing finally! Just in time for the summer!

The only problem now is my condenser fan isn't running. I checked the fuse box under the hood and the relay for it is missing.. I put one in but it still doesn't engage.

Hi,
I have a problem.
Condenser fan isn't running. I checked the fuse box under the hood and the relay all working.
Is there a sensor that tells the fan when to engage or should it be on whenever the system is on? I'm afraid to run my a/c without the fan working, just in case

1 - 18 of 18 Posts