Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1 month old Sony vaio y series laptop. I'm at school, trying to connect to the schools wifi, and it won't.
The thing is, I've connected to the network on this computer before, just two days ago, with no problems. The network needs a username and password which I've put in about 1000 tomes now, cuz it keeps asking me for it, and then it tells me "windows cannot connect to the network"
This has happened to me before with other networks, but usually it connects after a minute or two. This time it's not. So frustrating! Any ideas? I'm about to throw this f$&@ing thing out the window

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Does it work on any other WiFi networks? If yes try deleting the saved wireless settings in your network options.
It could also be your schools network is set for Mac address filtering, so check if the IT or helpdesk people can help.

Also make sure your network connections are set to automatically assign the IP and DNS address/server.
and if the laptop is super new, see if updating the wireless card software drivers help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts