Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer has to be sent back for memory problems. I have to get all my music and pics backed up, so it will be a while yet.

In the meantime, I am shopping for a Palm. I am looking hard at the Palm Tungsten TX. It has WiFi in it. (main point with me) I don't have the bluetooth in my phone (not purchasing a new one for a while).

Am I going to be able to use this Palm just as I use the internet? That is the main thing I am looking for. I can't go without internet while the computer is being repaired.

I called Palm last night and they said that I could, but I would like to get opinions of actual users.

Thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
You could go with Palm, or HP, my friend has a HP thing that is very simular, has full internet access, e-mail...it all basicly, he even has a Topo programe on it and GPS, as to pricing you may want to try bestbuy.com they usally have pretty good deals on that stuff.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Questions answered. :D

I just checked Best Buy website and I am getting the same price as everywhere else. $299-nothing less/nothing more.

Office Depot or Max (can't remember which) has one with the Hard Case ($40) included in the price.

Someone else is offering the Keyboard with mail in.

It will be a couple weeks before I buy -Zuzu parts MUST come first-so I am sure any offers now will be gone by then. :?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Seeing as the Tungsten TX just released Oct 18th, I would wait for the price to drop. Here's the best I could do for you
http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp ... er=froogle
$284.95
I think that's the best deal when you consider:
-light shipping weight
-tax free (out of state)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link, it is bookmarked.

I will only be waiting til probably the beginning of December, my computer has to go in by the end of the month.

That is the best price I have seen.

Have you ever ordered from them?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Be quicker just to pick up a new memory module & stick it in.

5 minute job at most.

Jim

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know that, but I want the internet service while the computer is gone. I have been wanting to get one for a while, this is just my excuse to buy one. :lol:

As far as backing up, the music needs to go on discs anyway, this is an excuse to get my butt in gear and get it on there.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
sgtboots said:
Yeah I know that, but I want the internet service while the computer is gone. I have been wanting to get one for a while, this is just my excuse to buy one. :lol:

As far as backing up, the music needs to go on discs anyway, this is an excuse to get my butt in gear and get it on there.
Point being if you replace the memory, no need to send the computer off somewhere & have it dropped, kicked & who knows what else in the process.

If you're just wanting the pod thingy, just get one. :lol:

Jim

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL No it has to go back. It is taking me 10 minutes to get from my desktop to actually do anything (that is on a good day). I have 2 different versions of SpyWare software on here, and an anti virus. I have been through going through the safe mode, doing this, doing that and all that BS with them. I have done everything they told me to do. They are telling me it has something to do with the memory. I don't know. Something is wrong with this. It is going back before the warranty is up.

As soon as they tell me "peek up a scwewdwiva" I tell them NO, I ain't taking a screwdriver to this, send me a shipping label.

My luck I would fry something in there.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Ahh, warranty.

I stand corrected. :wink:

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.