Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually park at the back of the store when I come in for work, but today I thought I'd park a little closer.

Here's some more pics.

I must say, I'm impressed. I knew Mercedes had some cool 4x4 rigs, but I've never actually seen one up close. It just looks tough. I may have to dream about affording one of these things sometime in the next decade. Your guys' thoughts on the competition?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Tad had one very similar to that one. I know it weighs about 2000 pounds more than a first gen Trooper.

Talk about accessories, you can get helicopter lifting points, a turret for the zombie attack...

Joe

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
That benz always has been and always will be my lottery vehicle.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good, strong and expensive car.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Loved those G wagons for a long time...built in Austria in the same plant used during the war..the only ones I see around here in So. Cal are usually shiny black with polished 22" rims and driven by rappers..lol..

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Love the vehicle as well but I'd not advertise that it's powered by vegetable oil. IF ever I had a vehicle powered by veggie oil I'd keep it as secretive as I could. In more then one case, the government comes down on you asking "Where's my road use tax", generally funded by the tax on fuel you are no longer buying.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,713 Posts
I've had one Mercedes Benz car, and that was all I'll ever need. Like a boat owner, my two happiest days were the day I bought it, and the day I sold it. EVERYTHING is over-engineered--not overbuilt, just intentionally complicated, like some kind of testament to their engineering prowess. As Scotty said in Star Trek: The Search for Spock:
"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain!"

And they're REALLY proud of their replacement parts.

Jack

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Aside from the height of the roof, they seem to have very very similar dimensions. It's cool to see a side by side. I love G wagons too. I saw a SWB with a canvas soft top in my area the other day. It was all done up military style. I was like :shock:

·
Registered
67 Posts
ramzoom said:
Loved those G wagons for a long time...built in Austria in the same plant used during the war..the only ones I see around here in So. Cal are usually shiny black with polished 22" rims and driven by rappers..lol..
Ruining cool vehicles from coast to coast.

Super cool 4x4 though. I like the hight of the cab

1 - 9 of 9 Posts