Isuzu SUV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Um just no. First of all the header pics....a Assender. Seriously. Replace them w a 1st gen trooper, a rodeo and the new Dmax. At least what made us love isuzu. I can assure u the Chevy Envoy reclad as a Isuzu isn't it.
I do agree with you regarding the header, though perhaps not with quite the same passion. Could be cool to have users submit pictures of their rides to replace it
Just wanted to chime in about the header as well. Not sure who made it but it's quite irrelevant. Maybe consider community photos. Or pictures of vehicles more relevant to the forum( trooper, rodeo, amigo, impulse if you want to get frisky).
Get rid of the Ascender on that header! And even the Dmax is irrelevant to this forum.
We did ask for your input regarding the header image prior to migration. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
1997 Rodeo, 6VD1, MUA5, 277k miles
33 Posts
I will be spending less time on this new site, it is hard on the eyes, it is not an improvement over the old site which was perfect for Isuzu users.
Try the dark mode - click the three dots in the top right and select dark mode. That may make it a little less harsh for you

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The ads?! Jeebus. Good update to modernize the forum but the monetization is horrible for us old timers who've been used to the plain old vanilla layout.
I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback

That being said, this site is supported by ads. As you already know, that’s how we keep the lights on around here.

As it turns out, servers, bandwidth, security, and maintenance aren’t free. ;)

We do offer a premium option for those who are interested.

- Cricket

·
Registered
33 Posts

- Cricket
Ah, must have missed that. If you want to change up the banner, I would be happy to add a couple pictures of my rig. Considering the apparent hatred for it, I'm sure others would be willing to do the same

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Who's idea was this and did the members of the page get a say or warning.
We did announce that the forum software was going to be updated.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ah, must have missed that. If you want to change up the banner, I would be happy to add a couple pictures of my rig. Considering the apparent hatred for it, I'm sure others would be willing to do the same
I can put in a request if some members want to add their images in that thread. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
11,862 Posts
which is why my battery is dated 2014 and still going strong.
I just changed the group 78 DieHard battery in my Cadillac that I installed in back in Jan 2007! Used a Battery Tender to keep it from becoming sulfated all these years.

·
Registered
502 Posts

- Cricket
Right. And you recieved several suggestions. All of which pointed to the fact that you are monetizing off our content which could be considered intellectual property and/or creator content. If thats the case then what is our incentive to be compensated for such.

Taxation without representation doesn't float well in this forum or circle.

You'd do well to research the actual site before rendering a new format. But you didn't do that.

Reactions: JoeIsuzu

·
Registered
33 Posts
Right. And you recieved several suggestions. All of which pointed to the fact that you are monetizing off our content which could be considered intellectual property and/or creator content. If thats the case then what is our incentive to be compensated for such.

Taxation without representation doesn't float well in this forum or circle.

You'd do well to research the actual site before rendering a new format. But you didn't do that.
I get where you are coming from, but it's not like they are really monetizing the images. All those would be doing is improving the UX. If anything they are monetizing the information that is shared here which I don't see as a bad thing. Servers, electricity and developers cost money. If somebody is turning a profit by offering a useful service, I don't really see an issue with it. Additionally, if you see it that way, why post on a platform that has advertising? The owner of that platform is making money because people are interacting with the content that you have put there.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I get where you are coming from, but it's not like they are really monetizing the images. All those would be doing is improving the UX. If anything they are monetizing the information that is shared here which I don't see as a bad thing. Servers, electricity and developers cost money. If somebody is turning a profit by offering a useful service, I don't really see an issue with it. Additionally, if you see it that way, why post on a platform that has advertising? The owner of that platform is making money because people are interacting with the content that you have put there.

Bc I joined and participated in this site when it was run by Tad. This monetization platform has really only been valid as part of the argument for the last couple of years. Considering that I've been part of this for way longer and some almost 20 years, I don't think any of us considered or thought this outcome would be a possibility.

I understand that companies need to turn a profit and I'm all for capitalism however don't try to convince me this new layout isn't a little over the top w ads and admins who have no idea what the essence of this community is.

Honestly the old platform wasnt that bad or buggy as they made it out to be and was certainly easier to navigate than this dumpster fire. If you equate old w outdated or unfunctionable then the AS400 system architects would like a word.

This site was grassroots. Any time corporate interest takes over a grassroots organization it dies. Why. Bc big business only cares about money not those they service or who made it possible to make that money in the first place.

Reactions: JoeIsuzu

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bc I joined and participated in this site when it was run by Tad. This monetization platform has really only been valid as part of the argument for the last couple of years. Considering that I've been part of this for way longer and some almost 20 years, I don't think any of us considered or thought this outcome would be a possibility.

I understand that companies need to turn a profit and I'm all for capitalism however don't try to convince me this new layout isn't a little over the top w ads and admins who have no idea what the essence of this community is.

Honestly the old platform wasnt that bad or buggy as they made it out to be and was certainly easier to navigate than this dumpster fire. If you equate old w outdated or unfunctionable then the AS400 system architects would like a word.

This site was grassroots. Any time corporate interest takes over a grassroots organization it dies. Why. Bc big business only cares about money not those they service or who made it possible to make that money in the first place.
I agree with a significant amount of what you are saying here. phpBB had it's issues, but it was functional. I disagree that the new system is a complete dumpster fire, however I do hope it will be improved. To be honest, I have not seen the ads, as I block nearly all advertising at the DNS level. I do, however agree that transferring ownership to another member of the community would have been a preferable to a company.
Also, AS400s are sick

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,743 Posts
@cricket
Yes, you asked for images. But no, you didn't offer to pay for them. It's all about the $$$ for your company, so why shouldn't content creators get their fair share?

And one of the first things to hit me in the face was the "Upgrade to Premium" thing. Is that the alternative to getting bombarded with ads?

Jack

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
There is NOT enough contrast between the light background and the text. It appears Grey not Black. You need to darken the text or make it BOLD to stand out.

And yes, I have tried "Dark Mode" and cannot stand the black background with white text. There has to be something in-between that will work better than this.

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts

- Cricket
Yes, and you never followed up on the suggestions give, nor the questions asked.

·
Registered
1989 Isuzu Pickup 4WD 2.6 5sp
109 Posts
@AG_Admin could you please advise whether inline attachments are going to be supported? Currently they are all showing as, "View Attachment 1" "View Attachment 2" etc and all link to the same set of placeholder images. Is this a bug?

Here's an example post showing the issue: '88 Trooper resto...

Here's a screenshot of the above post:
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Slope

Thanks for any updates on this!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ugly & cluttered. Plus, had to wait probably 3 mins for "browser security check" then do "Captcha" bs twice... just to get in. Wasn't "broken" before, so it didn't need "fixing".

21 - 40 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.