Isuzu SUV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
Get rid of the Ascender on that header! And even the Dmax is irrelevant to this forum.

Reactions: JoeIsuzu

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
We did ask for your input regarding the header image prior to migration. :)

- Cricket
Yes, and you never followed up on the suggestions give, nor the questions asked.

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
We will see regular updates that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

Take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs and let us know if you have any questions.

- Cricket
@AG_Admin are you by any chance using a selection of prewritten posts? Sure sounds like it!

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
So, I'm probably going to make myself horribly unpopular with the community right now by siding with Cricket.

Running a site is EXPENSIVE. It's not the cost of hosting, or bandwidth, or any of that, it's the labor. All these ads bring in pennies, which adds up, but still.

I hear a lot of requests for the new owners to buy an old trooper and - good lord! - go off roading. Right. I run the School of Nursing site for Duke University - you want me administering your meds the next time you're in the hospital? Didn't think so.

Besides, I'll bet small money this site doesn't generate enough revenue to PAY for an old Trooper in decent shape. Anyone wanna donate their restored rig? Didn't think so.

This isn't Facebook, and we're not the TikTok crowd. The ads are annoying, but here's the facts: They have to make money, or we don't have a site. I suspect you'd all be shocked to see the Google Analytics for this site compared to one with major traffic. We're probably talking less than 1/1000th.

Oh, and if this was MY site? I'd be THRILLED with how smooth the transition was. Kudos.

Now, all that said, the banner is LAME. I'm sure it's hard to find stock photos of old troopers that you can use, but I know for a fact that setting up a rotating banner of member rigs (or trail pics) is trivial. Do it. It's a VERY cheap way to make people VERY happy.

Now, let the flames begin!

I think the point is, that this forum was started by an Isuzu owner. It was then transferred to Vertical Scope without being first offered to any of the enthusiasts. VS has been absent for months at a time on here, so they have no labor costs to speak of. The moderation is done by member, free of charge.
The problem is not the change, the problem is the attitude they have.

Reactions: JoeIsuzu

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
I wonder what make the difference. Several have had trouble logging in. I have had zero issues. Does it depend on the browser?

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
Only if you read every new post.

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
Something that I think would greatly help with navigating the site would be to separate sub-forums by vehicle and their corresponding year ranges. For example, a sub-forum for 1st gen troopers, and a separate link for 2nd gen troopers etc etc..Bimmerfest (a forum for BMW owners) does it this way (see image) and is managed by Xenforo as well. With so many different models, it makes finding the information, or finding where to post, much easier. I don't know anything about other isuzus besides my own 1st gen trooper, so I don't want to see a ton of posts that I can't contribute to which pertain to other Isuzus.
This has been discussed over and over here. The consensus is keep it the way it is. With Isuzu too much info crosses over from vehicle to vehicle and year range to year range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.