Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preview picture ... and why I missed running Chinaman's Gulch

Before Co Zu, we drove to Red River New Mexico and ran a couple mellow trails. Goose Lake and Greenie Peak trails. Then on to Colorado Great Sand Dunes and Medano Pass.

That's me laying in front of my Trooper. I broke the motor mount bolts that go into the engine block. That dropped the motor low enough to break the oil pressure sender off. Spewing 4 quarts of Mobil One out the left fenderwell and under the truck. Thankfully this happened on the eastside of Medano Pass after the 4 low part was over. Coasted about 5 miles downhill on curves and washboard road with no power steering or power brakes. Then my wheeling bud towed me a few miles into Westcliffe CO. Visited Ace the helpful hardware man. And made repairs to the oil sender in the parking lot. Note to self pack my complete set of easy out taps next trip. Only later that day did I realize the motor had moved 3 inches lower. Set up camp at Chalk Creek Campground that evening. A really nice campground with a large group area.

Next morning I was in no mood for mechanicing. So Friday, my mutts and I hitched a ride with a Steve in a nearly stock Rodeo. Good thing he had sliders and skidplates, we used them a lot :) . Helped spot him on Old Chinamans Gulch trail. Had a funtime, but not the same as driving it.

Saturday morning luck allowed me to remove 2 sheared bolts out of the motor. More luck another wheeler there had the bolts I needed. Wheeled all Saturday did Hancock Pass over to the Alpine tunnel, then over Tomichi Pass. To very mellow dirt road, Old Monarch pass where I put a hole in my tire sidewall. We had a Saturday night BBQ :D sat around campfire spreading BS :) Headed home Sunday morning, I hate to see mountains in my rearview mirror.

http://community.webshots.com/user/maxwell417 "Colorado 'Zu VII '05" and "New Mexico 07-05 ... Pre Co Zu" are the newest. I have lots of pictures, not all Isuzus. We met up with some cool Rovers and Jeeps too.

More pictures from mike at planetbantz www.planetbantz.com/pics/072805cozu7/

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hey Curt, looks like your Troop pulled through, considering. I'll be making my move to Colorado within the next year, permanently. All your picks look awesome. The trails look like fun man.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.