Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I was just there a couple of weeks back but plan to head back this winter. Such a great spot!!

I am 100% down man! A bit busy the next couple weekends but would love to get out and hit some tracks. Let me know what you're thinking. Maybe Slaughterhouse, Rainbow Falls, or Idaho Springs areas? Or Indian Peaks where the plane crash is?
I'm going out with a 4 wheel group next weekend to wheeler lake. Then middle st vrain and coney Flatts the following week.

·
Registered
162 Posts
my 1990 trooper needs extensive body work due to rust. I finally found a trooper in a local junk yard near castle rock for some parts I grabbed yesterday, but need to find a body shop now that can cut out and weld in new sheet metal in sections and paint the whole car. Found some new after market front quarter panels on the internet, but still need rear panels. Anyone know of a somewhat local body shop near castle rock? Im getting estimates from $3500-5000, which more than the thing is worth but still looking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'd like to go on a wheeling trip with the group, but I won't be available until November at the earliest so will likely miss out on this year altogether unless people want to do some snow wheeling. I've done Slaughterhouse Gulch in the snow with my Amigo and it was way less built than my Trooper. I did just the ascent of Red Cone in October and it turned into a blizzard at the top. That was like 15 years ago though.
I love snow wheeling as well. That powder won't stop the trooper. Plus you usually get to use your recovery gear which can be fun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love snow wheeling as well. That powder won't stop the trooper. Plus you usually get to use your recovery gear which can be fun.
I agree with that one! I wont be able to do anything on Saturday but possibly Sunday. It will most likely be a Sunday morning decision if we can go! Anyone else interested??

21 - 28 of 28 Posts