Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm just wondering if there are any trooper owners in Colorado that like to off road. Looking to meet others.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Off topic but, I have to ask what are the specs on your rig. I'm almost jealous haha.
Hi, Thanks!!

The truck is completely stock minus the wheels and tires. I pulled the front bumper and will be building one here soon. Bedlined the front grille, caught it all up on needed service, and viola. I havent touched the torsion bars or suspension at all, tires clear just fine which is amazing.

Specs are 15x8, -19 offset. 33x10.50x15

·
Registered
7 Posts
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car
Just picked this up a couple weeks ago. Saving some money for some simple upgrades. I live in Loveland. I love this trooper. Any suggestions on upgrades?

·
Registered
1990 Isuzu Trooper V6
23 Posts
Do you guys ever head over to Moab? I'm from Salt Lake area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
View attachment 120249 Just picked this up a couple weeks ago. Saving some money for some simple upgrades. I live in Loveland. I love this trooper. Any suggestions on upgrades?
Definitely lift it and get some bigger A/T or M/T tires. You can also get a Lokka locker for the front. I have one on order and it should make the trunk way more capable than it already is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Definitely lift it and get some bigger A/T or M/T tires. You can also get a Lokka locker for the front. I have one on order and it should make the trunk way more capable than it already is.
Yes! I want a simple lift. I’ve been looking on the forum for some ideas. I’ve never done a lift and a newbie to all this. That doesn’t scare me though. It seems an adjustment to the torsion bar and some new springs will do the trick. Need to save up some. Getting some bigger tires is also a must. Definitely looking into the lokka locker. Also been watching some videos on installing a snorkel intake. Seems very doable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you guys ever head over to Moab? I'm from Salt Lake area.
I was just there a couple of weeks back but plan to head back this winter. Such a great spot!!
We should get a group of troopers together for a wheeling trip.
I am 100% down man! A bit busy the next couple weekends but would love to get out and hit some tracks. Let me know what you're thinking. Maybe Slaughterhouse, Rainbow Falls, or Idaho Springs areas? Or Indian Peaks where the plane crash is?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'd like to go on a wheeling trip with the group, but I won't be available until November at the earliest so will likely miss out on this year altogether unless people want to do some snow wheeling. I've done Slaughterhouse Gulch in the snow with my Amigo and it was way less built than my Trooper. I did just the ascent of Red Cone in October and it turned into a blizzard at the top. That was like 15 years ago though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts