Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems when I first start my Rodeo, it drips a good bit of water out the tailpipe, and does the whole smoking until warmed up thing. It leaves a puddle the diamter of a soda can. Is this normal? All is fine after it warms up. Just trying to ctach anything while the 3 month 3k mile warranty is still on. It has 113,000 on it.

It also squeals for the first two seconds now, guess I need belts. Gotta love the **** it starts doing AFTER you buy it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have a '95 Rodeo - 3.2 liter that also drops condensation in the morning at first start. Engines collect condensation and burn it off first thing in the AM. This is normal.

If you suspect coolant loss. try the following:

Put a clear glass jar under the pipe and catch the drippings. Examine the color. Is it the same color as the coolant in your vehicle? You can determine the coolant color by simply opening the cap on top of the coolant overflow tank and look down inside. If they're the same, your head gasket is tired. Normally when this happens, you'll blow a lot of white smoke or fog as I like to think of it and this will go on for quite awhile.

Check the tension on your 3 exterior belts - alternator, power steering; a/c. The screech on start-up normally comes from the belt that drives the H2O pump, but in your case, the H2O pump is driven by the timing belt, so again, I'd look at the 3 belts just mentioned

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
mine did the squealing thing too, turns out it was a bad bearing in the alternator. but the whole electrical system was going crazy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.